Kitchen is completed

• 1855 posts
    February 24, 2015 4:42 AM PST
    Before and then after with an open concept:  

• 16825 posts
    February 24, 2015 6:31 AM PST
    Nice job Jimmy! :-)
  • February 24, 2015 7:08 AM PST
    Jimmy you must have just finished......ya still have a tube of caulk sitting on the bar.
    Looks nice Brother
    ND
    • 1855 posts
    February 24, 2015 7:27 AM PST
    Yep, actually I was hoping to finish the painting of the trim around the bar.
    • 19034 posts
    February 24, 2015 10:11 PM PST
    Lookin Good Dude!
    • 314 posts
    February 24, 2015 11:00 PM PST
    very nice
    • 5420 posts
    February 25, 2015 8:32 AM PST
    Very nice job!  Did the same thing a few years back and it made the kitchen feel ten times bigger without that wall...

(looks like we even went with similar wood and floor :-)

• 3006 posts
    February 25, 2015 11:47 AM PST
    Great job,looks sweet.Totally opened that area up!!!
    • 2 posts
    March 1, 2015 9:08 AM PST
    Nice looking job - Tile better choice than the hardwood we used
    • 1 posts
    March 5, 2015 10:33 PM PST
    Opened it a lot, looks nice and I am sure functions a lot better. Also (not that I am suggesting it) Those breakfast bars make great work benches,have built a couple of engines on one. ; D. Like the choice of couter tops, The Wooly man and me have not finished our kitchen for over ten years because he wants granite and I do not. Microbiology screwed up the way I see lots of things.
    • 1855 posts
    March 6, 2015 5:30 AM PST
    We went with laminate even though I didn't want it.  But when I saw that I could have a wood trim OG accent I agreed.  And mostly because it made sense since we are selling the place.  And you're right; the wide bar makes for a great work bench. Now that the kitchen is complete and the temperatures are actually rising up out of the teens we're getting even more excited and anticipating our move to the Gulf Shores of Alabama. 

Peace

• 57 posts
    March 6, 2015 10:27 PM PST
    Nicely done,hope the sale of your home and the move to GS goes smooth
    • 1855 posts
    March 6, 2015 11:44 PM PST
    So do I man, so do I. I've been stressing about it all now for over a year. I'm ready to leave everything but the bikes and Gypsy behind.

Peace
  • March 7, 2015 1:33 AM PST
    Best of luck on the sale....the remodel looks Great!
    • 9 posts
    March 16, 2015 2:15 AM PDT
    EXCELLENT RE-DO, Jimmy. Your HIRED!!! lol

And since you & the missus are movin' down yonder, maybe I'll actually get to meet ya,
    face-to-face, like...EH?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    March 16, 2015 8:03 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...

And since you & the missus are movin' down yonder, maybe I'll actually get to meet ya,
    face-to-face, like...EH?

Ride Free
    Tweek

Yes'm.  Got another friend in Jacksonville and I'll be hooking up with him even if we can't make the move to Alabama right away.   I'll drop you a kite and let you know.  

Peace

• 9 posts
    March 19, 2015 1:55 PM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Tweek wrote...

face-to-face, like...EH?

Ride Free
    Tweek

Yes'm.  Got another friend in Jacksonville and I'll be hooking up with him even if we can't make the move to Alabama right away.   I'll drop you a kite and let you know.  

Peace

Can''t wait Jimmy! 

• March 21, 2015 7:15 PM PDT
    Nice work! But I can't see your auto drink dispenser machine.