NFL Play-Offs Heating Up

• 5420 posts
    January 7, 2015 5:33 AM PST

Who is your favorite????  (team that is) 

• 3006 posts
    January 7, 2015 7:52 AM PST
    My favorite to win it all is the Bronco's.

Really bummed my team fell apart at the seams.

Looks like a long road to rebuild the 49ers credibility w/the local fans here.
    • 5420 posts
    January 7, 2015 10:09 AM PST
    ooops, I messed up.  The Cowboys are playing Green Bay not Detroit 

guess subconsciously I couldn't imagine the Cowboys could have won 

• January 7, 2015 10:39 AM PST
    Well I'm a Big Cowboys fan.....but even my old eyes can detect ...Pass Interference!
    • 19049 posts
    January 8, 2015 12:35 AM PST
    Liking The Packers and the Ravens. Would like to see them fight it out....
    • 5420 posts
    January 8, 2015 1:06 AM PST
    I'm with Mike on this one... the Packers and Ravens are looking real good based on the picture above.

But for foot ball Broncos all the way!!!
    • 5420 posts
    January 9, 2015 3:18 AM PST
    Okay here we go into the most important games of the season.

Of course we are rooting for the Broncos to go all the way. So I would really like to see Seattle lose to Carolina so we don't have to worry about them in the Super Bowl. As for New England and Baltimore... I would like to see the Ravens take out the Patriots to make an easier game for Broncos next week, but I kind of want the Patriots because it is always fun to watch Cindy (of Biker Crap) a Patriots fan and Laura go at it at the bar when they play :-)

Cowboys and Packers, couldn't care because I don't think either one is going past next week :-(

This is what Vegas is saying...

New England favored by 7 over Baltimore
    Seattle favored by 11 over Carolina
    Green Bay favored by 5.5 over Dallas
    Denver favored by 7 over Indianapolis
    • 1855 posts
    January 9, 2015 6:45 AM PST
    Gypsy is from Milwaukee. Unless I want to get into it with her it's gotta be the Packers. I already messed up and said Dallas has the best looking cheerleaders.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    January 10, 2015 12:00 PM PST
    Yeah Jimmy, I learned long ago never to root against the wife's team. But Dallas does have some GOOD looking cheerleaders.

Well Patriots won, so now with a Broncos win tomorrow gonna be a rivalry going on next week when we watch the game with Russ & Cindy!
    • 5420 posts
    January 11, 2015 11:10 AM PST
    Stupid Sport!!!!
    • 1855 posts
    January 11, 2015 11:13 AM PST
    Wow!!! Did Manning suck or what? Plus, unbelievably stupid play calling.
    • 295 posts
    January 11, 2015 1:02 PM PST
    GO HAWKS!
    • 19049 posts
    January 11, 2015 11:55 PM PST
    Still liking GB and Pats with Rodgers taking home his second Ring.
    • 5420 posts
    January 12, 2015 1:11 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Wow!!! Did Manning suck or what? Plus, unbelievably stupid play calling.

200%.  

Sucked is an under statement and I was just baffled with the play calling.  You got one of the best down field QBs in the league and every play was a short little screen - even on 3rd and 8 they would call a 3 yard screen... and then Manning couldn't even complete those passes!!!

I have always loved Payton Manning, but I got to say he just chokes in big games.  Three years in a row now with Denver he had great seasons and just couldn't get it done in the post season, not to mention a number of times with the Colts.  I never paid much attention to it until he came to Denver, but now it is pretty obvious that no matter how well he plays during the season and how many records he sets... he is going out with one Super Bowl ring.

And it wasn't just the offense, the defense played like crap too.  Not taking anything away from Andrew Luck and the Colts offense, but there were so many missed tackles and receivers left open by the Broncos defense.

Overall the Broncos just played like they really didn't want it as much as the Colts.  I always said when you get to this point all the team are good - otherwise they wouldn't be there - and the ones who want it the most will get it.

wonder if John Fox needs to start looking for another coaching job after that pi$$ poor play calling and lack of getting his team ready!
  • January 12, 2015 1:34 AM PST
    Well yea I'm a Cowboys fan but I got to say Green Bay played damn good with a one legged QB.
    Up and Onward
    ND
    • 2685 posts
    January 12, 2015 1:50 AM PST
    I've been thinking a Pack vs. Pats Super Bowl all along but after watching Rodgers stand still I'm not so sure anymore they will get past the Hawks.
    Even though I'm a sad Giants fan I would love to see Green Bay take it this year.
    • 3006 posts
    January 13, 2015 3:28 PM PST
    Sad to see the poor performance from Manning,yet someone was calling the plays.Over all he did his best.In my mind it has everything to do with the coaching/play calling that makes the huge difference.

Hope it turns out to be a good match-up this year for the Super bowl !!!

• 5420 posts
    January 14, 2015 11:58 AM PST
     Stole this from HighRisk's FB page....
    • 3006 posts
    January 17, 2015 6:05 PM PST
    Someone obviously has the Manning thing down !!! Yeah that pretty much sums it up!!!

Looking forwards to todays games!!!
    • 5420 posts
    January 18, 2015 1:10 AM PST
    Yep, today is the day we pick our Super Bowl teams... or I should sway they pick themselves. At this point all the teams are really good and it is going to come down to whoever wants it the most and comes to win.

Personally I will be rooting for the Packers in the first game and the Patriots in the second game.

We are looking forward to a fun day at Mugs Away. Along with football it is also Cindy's Birthday party and we will be there with Russ & Cindy, Kevin & Bea, Ray & Susan, Barry (maybe Curtis) and all the Mugs Away regulars!
    • 295 posts
    January 18, 2015 1:14 AM PST
    GO! HAWKS!
    • 5420 posts
    January 18, 2015 5:57 AM PST
    Cake I made for Cindy and the Pats :-)

• January 18, 2015 12:13 PM PST
    WOW Green Bay @ Sea Hawks what a nail biter of a game that was. Some of the Sea Hawk Fans left way to early.
    ND
    • 5420 posts
    January 19, 2015 3:35 AM PST
    The first game was a great game, the second pretty much one sided. Since I had no favorites in the mix I was just looking to watch some good football and have a good time. And a real good time we had. There were about 14 of us together at Mugs Away to watch the games and celebrate Cindy's B-Day. The bar was packed but of course our little party was over the top. I stopped drinking early and was the driver for Laura and I and Ray and Susan. Then I had to get up this morning and drive there butts back to the bar to get their car :-) ... but no problem to make sure my friends were safe!

We'll be back in the same palce, with the same people - plus some - in two weeks for the Super Bowl!!!