Route 66

• January 4, 2015 7:28 AM PST
    I'm still reliving this past summers ride.  I took the trip that I have been wanting to take for a long time. I traveled the oldest parts of the Mother Road that I could find. A few things that I found are that people can be decent if given the chance and there is a lot of poverty in this country. My total ride was 7,245 miles is 6 weeks. If you have the chance to do this trip, do so......
    And I still have my blog up     Marks take on 66.

peace, Mark

• 846 posts
    January 7, 2015 4:04 AM PST
    I'm planning on it this year, Did you do east to west or west to east? I'm heading east to west this year heading back along the top part of the country.
    • 5417 posts
    January 7, 2015 6:29 AM PST
     Haven't had the chance to ride the entire Rt 66 yet, but it is on my bucket list.

I have riden it from the NM/TX border to California...

• 3006 posts
    January 8, 2015 7:50 AM PST
    Okay I'm hooked !!! Looks like a really interesting ride,would love to take it as far east as possible.Another one for my bucket list !!!
  • January 10, 2015 7:46 AM PST
    Awesome pics.......
    • 57 posts
    January 10, 2015 11:33 AM PST
    Chicago to L.A. looks like it might be fun
  • February 1, 2015 3:44 PM PST
    I did the ride from east to west. The ride out of Chicago was not as difficult as I thought. Route 66 though Illinois is very well signed and easy to get out of the city. Make sure you spend some time along the route as you can make up a lot of time in the southwest as places to stop and see are further apart.
    • 846 posts
    February 2, 2015 4:09 AM PST
    Thanks for the heads up. The route out of Chicago did worry me a little but it sound like it shouldn't be a issue. I'm planning on 2 wks with some down time factored in. How may days did it take you?
    • 57 posts
    February 6, 2015 9:09 PM PST
    Chaz wrote...
    Thanks for the heads up. The route out of Chicago did worry me a little but it sound like it shouldn't be a issue. I'm planning on 2 wks with some down time factored in. How may days did it take you?

Chaz, I dont know when your group will be going through Illinois but if you have time stop and have lunch or supper with us.we have rode parts of rt66 and may be able to help with road choices around or thru  Chicago .