righteous day

• November 15, 2014 12:46 PM PST
    So check out this other little story from today.

Quinn (age 12) and I pulled into Keller, Texas city hall at 10:30AM for the 2014 Randy Carter Memorial Christmas Ride. Right behind us pulls in this smaller older Honda and the guy is having obvious trouble. Almost hit my scooter. Gets off the bike and clearly he is very handicapped. god only knows what's happended to this guy but he pretty ****** up physically. He is also wearing a real light jacket. No gloves, no glasses no long johns...nothin'. Turns out he came from 65 miles South of Ft. Worth. His color was bad and he was freezing. He couldn't bend his fingers. So Quinn gives up his gloves, which he has ridden with since he has started riding. Folks, they are rags that I've re-sewed together more than once. Quinn LOVES these gloves. the guy is grateful and off we go. After registration, the guy comes up and says "hey, I don't know my way around here at all, can I follow you?" Of course we say yes and now we have a third, weather we like it or not. This guy goes with us every where. Even when I got us lost somewhere around Haslett,(Shirley Coleman James we are now even by the way) he keeps up and rides that 550 like a $2 whore. Even on the freeway on my 103, that dude was right there. In the end, at Bronson Rock, this guy, who had pretty much left Quinn and I alone to do our thing, comes up in near tears. He won a shirt. "I never win at anything, no one ever gives me anything" He gives Quinn his gloves back, gives me a gift card he won because "It's local, I live far. Here, you guys are so nice, I want you to have it". He says goodbye and walks away. Quinn falls right behind. So we walk him to his bike. This guy, barely able to walk, gets on his scooter, proud, happy and rides off. ****, I didn't even get his name. But I'm proud to have spent the day with this guy. I'm proud of my son. What a day.

• 16798 posts
    November 15, 2014 3:21 PM PST
    AMEN!
    • 19007 posts
    November 15, 2014 9:01 PM PST
    Awesome.
    • 2 posts
    November 22, 2014 3:13 AM PST
    Righteous indeed
    • 467 posts
    November 25, 2014 3:17 AM PST
    That is a wonderful story and testament to the way we all should live!