I Want Daylight Sayings Time Back!

• 5420 posts
    November 6, 2014 10:36 AM PST
    This sucks.  By 4:00 in the afternoon I need to turn on lights and by 4:30 I am all run down because mind mind is thinking it is evening and I should be relaxing... not still working.

Yesterday I had a project to finish so I knocked off work at 4.  By the time I dragged the radial arm saw out to the driveway and got all the wood ready I had about 1/2 hour of light left to work.  A month ago I could work outside until 7 with no problems with light.

Okay, done bitching! 
    • 1 posts
    November 6, 2014 11:10 AM PST
    Nope go ahead I do not like this time of year either. Dark when I go to work, dark when I get home. Days are to short and dark is to long. The weather is getting cold and back home riding season is almost gone… I am thinking it is time to move south, at least I would still have riding weather.
    • 5420 posts
    November 6, 2014 11:29 AM PST
    Yep, there is one thing good about this time of year Bitchy when you live here. Wife and I love to take early evening rides when it is dark and slightly cool and not many people out.
    • 19040 posts
    November 6, 2014 10:46 PM PST

• 16831 posts
    November 7, 2014 5:09 PM PST
    I believe Ecuador always has 12 Hrs of both sun and dark.
    Na even with all the inconveniences of winter in NW PA I'll stay here. :-)
    • 3006 posts
    November 10, 2014 4:42 PM PST
    Funny you mention this,being further north I really notice it.The best part about it,is getting back that hour of sleep you lost last spring!!!
    After the sun goes down up here, you don't go riding unless you are bundled up good,unless ya like being froze like a pop-sickle, those winds off the bay can be brutally cold.
    • 16831 posts
    November 11, 2014 3:10 AM PST
    With the large amounts of forest and farm lands around here, night riding gets real sketchy this time of year due to the large white tail deer population in rutting season.
    Besides they are calling for "lake effect snow" this week. :-(
    • 1 posts
    November 13, 2014 2:00 AM PST
    Today wind chill 3 degrees… I am really thinking it is time to admit I am old and move south. Also so glad I played hooky from adulthood Monday and went for what could be my last riding day of the year. : (