pipes

• November 5, 2014 12:50 AM PST
     What's a nice set of pipes to put on a 2014 ultra limited?
  • November 5, 2014 1:00 AM PST
    I prefer Vance & Hines but Hookers are good pipes also. Don't forget since your bike is so new you will most likely need a tuner box to go with the pipes you choose.
    • 5417 posts
    November 5, 2014 1:47 AM PST
    Depends on what you want out of your pipes.. what sound and how much for performance.

I have SuperTrap slip-ons with internal discs. The added a slight bit of performance and I really got them for the way they sound. A nice deep rumble.
    • 16795 posts
    November 5, 2014 6:24 AM PST
    I installed Screamin' Eagle mufflers on my 2003 Ultra soon after I bought it.
    Way too quiet before that. :-)
  • November 5, 2014 12:12 PM PST
    Anybody using those screaming eagle 4 inch street cannons?
    • 2 posts
    November 5, 2014 3:49 PM PST
    It depends alot on what you are looking to get out of your pipes. Are you looking for improved performance? How much of an improvement? Do you just want some pipes that sound and look good? How much do you want to spend?

Keep in mind that simply changing pipes will not significantly improve performance. It may help the scavenging process and improve efficiency slightly but you will not see HP gains without changing the air intake, the pipes, and adjusting the air fuel mixture.

If you simply change pipes there is no need to worry about air/fuel ratio.
    • 57 posts
    November 5, 2014 9:15 PM PST
    I went with V/H head pipes and Rineharts 4" but if your not sure ride it stock and and try to get around bikes that have made the changes,I personally did not like Street Cannons sound but everyone's different,
    • 19007 posts
    November 5, 2014 10:24 PM PST
    Sampson true Duals and screaming eagle slip ons ever since 2006. With age that have gotten louder when I get into it but are modest when holding or idling.
    • 1855 posts
    November 6, 2014 6:05 AM PST
    V&H on my Heritage. I'm never satisfied with the sound but once they are on you can't take 'em back.

Peace