Motorcycle Awareness Bumper Stickers

• 5420 posts
    September 15, 2014 9:31 AM PDT
     We are going to get some Motorcycle Awareness bumper stickers made.  Here are a few designs we came up with.  Let us know which you like the best...

(note: the order of the pictures may change so please don't just say the first one, let us know which one by description)
  • September 15, 2014 9:48 AM PDT
    look twice save a life motorcycles are everywhere
    • 284 posts
    September 15, 2014 8:00 PM PDT
    I do not like any of them.

1 most are to busy. Best stickers are "Shit Happens" short and sweet. Normally I never get to finish reading the long ones.

2. Color stinks, white background, Just like the internet and life, things are cyclical. The web went from white background, to all those hideous dark backgrounds, to tons of gif animation on each page and now the best, and most business backgrounds are back to white.

3. I will not stick a bumper sticker on my Cage. I usually associate them to lack of intellegence. Really nice cars, BMW, Lexus, etc normally do not have bumper stickers on them. It is usually some old beat up piece of crap with some guy who looks like he has not bathed in a few weeks driving it.

Me I prefer a Magnetic sticker, and they are actually fairly cheap, more than a glued on bumper sticker but nice to be able to just peel it off.

4. Have a contest, get ideas from the membership instead of which do you like. Similar to the bike photo contest we use to have. Basically your picks so far are far from impressive.

Storytellers is the best out there so far.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has at least one, I have 4.

SS
    • 834 posts
    September 16, 2014 3:40 AM PDT
     I too like the Look Twice Save A Life and also the Please Look For Motorcycles
    • 834 posts
    September 16, 2014 3:47 AM PDT
    I do not like any of them.

1 most are to busy. Best stickers are "Shit Happens" short and sweet. Normally I never get to finish reading the long ones.

2. Color stinks, white background, Just like the internet and life, things are cyclical. The web went from white background, to all those hideous dark backgrounds, to tons of gif animation on each page and now the best, and most business backgrounds are back to white.

3. I will not stick a bumper sticker on my Cage. I usually associate them to lack of intellegence. Really nice cars, BMW, Lexus, etc normally do not have bumper stickers on them. It is usually some old beat up piece of crap with some guy who looks like he has not bathed in a few weeks driving it.

Me I prefer a Magnetic sticker, and they are actually fairly cheap, more than a glued on bumper sticker but nice to be able to just peel it off.

4. Have a contest, get ideas from the membership instead of which do you like. Similar to the bike photo contest we use to have. Basically your picks so far are far from impressive.

Storytellers is the best out there so far.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has at least one, I have 4.

SS

Sure have a lot of opinions on what the sticker should be for someone who will not put one on their cage, and not only that but they are pretty insulting...  I have a sticker on my car and I guess that is because cause of my lack of intellegence or my car is a beat up piece of crap. 

And by the way, Storytell was just stating which of the unimpressive stickers Lucky came up with that he liked.
    • 844 posts
    September 16, 2014 7:28 AM PDT
    I like the Please Look For Motorcycles and Watch For Motorcycles
    • 284 posts
    September 16, 2014 8:19 AM PDT
    AzRider Wrote

I have a sticker on my car and I guess that is because cause of my lack of intellegence or my car is a beat up piece of crap.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

See I was correct in my assumption.

Ah but Storyteller Kept it simple,

"Look Twice Save A
    MOTORCYCLE LIFE"

SS
    • 834 posts
    September 16, 2014 9:03 AM PDT
    Don't know how you can make an assumption about someones intelligence just because they have a sticker on their car. Their are a number of reasons they would. If you don't want to that's fine, but why must you judge others just because they want to do something different. Is everyone who is exactly like you wrong?
    • 1855 posts
    September 16, 2014 9:28 AM PDT
    . "I will not stick a bumper sticker on my Cage. I usually associate them to lack of intellegence. Really nice cars, BMW, Lexus, etc normally do not have bumper stickers on them. It is usually some old beat up piece of crap with some guy who looks like he has not bathed in a few weeks driving it."

WTH man? Did you get up on the wrong side of bed or what? I don't recall your posts being so venomous brother. You've always been direct but come on now. Then you follow it up with "See I was correct in my assumption"; pretty damn close to a personal attack IMHO, not to mention stereo-typing and an insult to everyone who can't afford a BMW.

That being said, I don't care much for bumper stickers either. But if I absolutely HAD to have one it would "I'm Packing". Oh wait, this is about motorcycle awareness....bumper stickers don't do a thing to convince stupid drivers of anything. I've seen stupid bikers texting for God's sake.
    • 57 posts
    September 16, 2014 9:30 AM PDT
    Out of the choices available i like Look Twice Save a Life motorcycles are Everywhere but we have been seeing a lot of the signs and banners along the roads that say Start seeing Motorcycles,I think adding Help Keep us Alive Start seeing Motorcycles would make a statement.
    • 5420 posts
    September 16, 2014 9:44 AM PDT
    Got to agree there AZ.  My wife and I both have START LOOKING FOR MOTORCYCLES stickers on our cars that we got from ABATE and I certainly don't consider them junkers.  I also don't consider either of us unintelligent.  We sport those stickers because we REALLY believe in the message. Even if it only gets through to a small percent of the people who see it... if just one of them looks twice because of seeing it and it saves the life of a rider, it was well worth it. That is the main reason I decided to have the stickers made.  We found ours by chance and do not see enough of them easily available to others who would like to display what I consider a very important message. 

I actually put a lot of thought into them to try to come up with a message that would make people think, but still be short enough to read at a glance.  As for the yellow & black color... that is very intentional. You are correct SS that white on black is definitely the best for extended reading and most bumper stickers are black on white or white on black.  BUT most of those do say dump stuff like "Shit Happens" or "Papa & Beers".  I wanted something that stood out and pulled peoples eyes to it... why do you think all warning signs are black on yellow?

Now lets get back to the original purpose of this topic and help me choose a sticker so we can get them made.  If you don't like the ones I suggested, fine, make a suggestion for another sticker and leave it at that  WITHOUT GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO INSULT PEOPLE. If you don't like bumper stickers in general, that's fine too... leave the topic to those who would like one.
    • 5420 posts
    September 16, 2014 9:58 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    ....bumper stickers don't do a thing to convince stupid drivers of anything. I've seen stupid bikers texting for God's sake.

I agree Jimmy that stupid drivers and stupid riders will always do stupid stuff.  However I think there are also some not so stupid drivers that maybe seeing the message may make them think and hopefully look for motorcycles.  Even if it be only for the next few minutes after seeing the sticker, it may still possibly save a life.  Like I said in the post above, if just ONE rider gets to live because one driver took the message seriously, then it was well worrth the few square inches of my pretty bumper.

• 84 posts
    September 16, 2014 10:11 AM PDT
    I don't put stickers on my fine Italian sports car either. Well, OK, it's a low end Fiat Punto. But at least it's Italian, sort of.

My entry would be "Motorcycles are People Too".

And a little off topic......

Funniest sticker I ever saw was around '92 in Kenai, Alaska. A big beatup, jacked up, rusty pickup with big mud tires, full gun racks, welded-on pipe bumpers and a Grizzley Adams looking driver had a bumper sticker that said, "My kid beat up your honor student."

Funniest bathroom graffiti (also in Kenai at the first bar I ever saw Steve Earle on the jukebox) said, "I screwed your mother". Below that somebody wrote, "Dad, you're drunk. Go home."
    • 3006 posts
    September 16, 2014 1:57 PM PDT
    "LOOK Twice For Motorcycle Riders" -(insert staring eyes graphic in the letters " oo " in look) Or a spin on the other one "Save A Life Look Twice For Motorcycle Riders" ( again insert some graphic of staring eyes) and a rider in profile while riding would seem more appropriate visually.Rather than the image of the guy praying roadside?

I personally like bumper stickers,& I even have one on my motorcycle LOL in a spot thats perfect for it,down on the drive shaft cover.I would post a picture of it, yet I dont want to make ya'll cringe )

• 1855 posts
    September 16, 2014 3:57 PM PDT
    A magnetic sign on the back of the old dodge tailgate.  Note the colors.  That's what we see in Ohio mostly.

• 314 posts
    September 16, 2014 11:57 PM PDT
    Snakechrmr wrote...

And a little off topic......

Funniest bathroom graffiti (also in Kenai at the first bar I ever saw Steve Earle on the jukebox) said, "I screwed your mother". Below that somebody wrote, "Dad, you're drunk. Go home."

That is funny!

Please Look for motorcycles is the one i like

• 284 posts
    September 17, 2014 8:39 AM PDT
    Damn laptop,
    • 284 posts
    September 17, 2014 8:39 AM PDT
    SS Wrote:

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has at least one, I have 4."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Not like I did not state that at times I can be an Ahole. No venom intended, least I did not make direct attacks on an individual. Simply stated my opinion on bumper stickers.

I have often be categorized with Oliver Wendel Homes as the great dissenter. He disagreed with the others more than any one else.

SS

I think Red White and blue sticker would catch attention. 
  • September 18, 2014 1:49 AM PDT
    Lucky, this is a great idea. Maybe someone driving a Bee ehm double u will see my junker's new sticker and L00K.

I like "Look Twice Save A Life, Motorcycles Are Everywhere". I also like Blurplebuzz's suggestions and add the eyes in "LOOK" and change the graphic to just a motorcycle rider profile.

Or how about "Did You LOOK? Motorcycle Are Everywhere"

Fred
  • September 18, 2014 6:04 AM PDT
    I like the look twice save a life motorcycles are everywhere
    With the bike and the cross.