Got my new 05 Anniversary Fatboy 8 - 31 - 14

• 284 posts
    September 1, 2014 2:29 AM PDT
    Bought a 05 Harley Fatboy Anniversary Edition 8/31/14 Sunday.  Sweet bike and way way different than my sportster.

I took it out this a.m. for the first test runs.  Wow what a difference.

I was amazed after lookin the Fatboy up but what I found was there were only about 5700 of them built.

Safe Riding and Hope you had a great 2014 Labor Day Weekend.

• 5420 posts
    September 1, 2014 4:52 AM PDT
    Nice looking bike! They are a lot different and I personally think a wide front tire is much easier to ride.

Enjoy the bike and may you have many miles of fun and safe riding!
    • 611 posts
    September 1, 2014 6:06 AM PDT
    Hot Damn SS! What a suh-weet looking bike! Congrats to ya, did ya keep yer Sporty? My brother has a 99 FatBoy and he rides that thing like he stole it. Hope that ya enjoy it and it will run for great for ya and that this means you get to ride even more!
    Let us know how it goes!
    • 1516 posts
    September 1, 2014 6:17 AM PDT
    Congrats!! Now go ride the rubber off those pretty tires!!
    • 1855 posts
    September 1, 2014 9:46 AM PDT
    Great looking ride.; Thought you'd never get off your Sportster though. You spoke highly of her. Enjoy the ride.

Peace
    • 284 posts
    September 1, 2014 9:58 AM PDT
    Hey Thanks for the nice words. Started riding at 6 a.m. labor day 2014, went for breakfast on Tybee Is and then around the Islands, down town for some coffee, stopped by the house then 40+ miles, round trip, to the HD dealership and home.

The tires, suspension, weight make the ride twice as smooth as the Sportster. The Sportster is faster off the line with quicker acceleration. But the sweet ride of, as HarleyPuts it, of A Behemoth makes It is very smooth.

Still got the Sportster, but I am probably gonna get rid of it since I can not see riding it while I have the Fatboy.

Went and ordered a seat at the HD dealership today. The seat on it bites but not as much as a stock Harley seat does.

Again thanks for those nice words. It sure helps to get words of encouragement.

SS
    • 3006 posts
    September 1, 2014 10:09 AM PDT
    Congrats on the new ride!!! I like the colors on it.

Hope you have many miles of smiles.
    • 1855 posts
    September 1, 2014 1:32 PM PDT
    If the Sportster is paid for and you really don't need the money; I mean REALLY need the money you should keep it. KEEP IT. KEEP IT. KEEP IT.
    • 27 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:00 PM PDT
    Very nice!! Good color , ride safe!
    • 284 posts
    September 1, 2014 7:55 PM PDT
    05 Anniversary only came in 2 Colors, Black or Silver. The solid wheels came in brushed center or solid bright chrome.

Really Jimmy ya think I should keep it huh. Gonna consider it. Not sure why I should keep it.

Again Thanks for the compliments.
    • 314 posts
    September 1, 2014 11:10 PM PDT
    Congrats! Very nice color
    • 1855 posts
    September 2, 2014 4:41 AM PDT
    05 Anniversary only came in 2 Colors, Black or Silver. The solid wheels came in brushed center or solid bright chrome.

Really Jimmy ya think I should keep it huh. Gonna consider it. Not sure why I should keep it.

Again Thanks for the compliments.

Well dude, I can give you one good reason though I believe there are many.   First; if your FB is down you still have the Sportster to ride.  That would be one of the main reasons to keep her.   Secondly, why not? Everything is a collector's item sooner or later.  Third; ya just never know brother.  Ya just never know. 

Peace

• 5420 posts
    September 2, 2014 6:35 AM PDT
    So do I need to change your username to SilverFatBoy ???
    • 611 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:12 AM PDT
    KEEP IT! Reasons: You can never have too many motorcycles, having 2 Harleys is twice as cool as one, if one bike is down then you have another to ride (as mentioned), when your friends go out to the garage they'll see two bikes and think you're cooler than when you only had one (lol), you could start customizing the Sporty and still ride and sometimes ya just feel like going for a Sporty ride...
    Those are just the reasons I can come up with off the top. My brother whines about having three, he's trying to sell his Sporty but... when you open his garage door, there are three sweet Harleys sitting there and he tries not to grin.
    In the end, it is your decision (of course) so I'm just sayin "Keep Her".
    Edgeman
    • 5420 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:42 AM PDT
    If you keep it I can change your username to... FatSilverSportsterBoy

Sorry, been a long day
    • 284 posts
    September 2, 2014 10:14 AM PDT
    Lucky,

You implying that I am Fat Huh.... Them is fightin Words Hombre. No; gonna keep the SS. Have you know I was 238LBS about 2.5 months ago and am down to 206 I am usually at right around 200 LBS.

Problem I have with 2 bikes is storage space. My garage is my work shop and is one car wide, with the car doors half way open. Right now it is jammed packed due to a down Sporty and to many projects not finished.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom, gonna consider them before I make a move on the Sportster.

Who knows if I clean out that rats nest I might have more room than I think.

SS
  • September 3, 2014 1:25 AM PDT
    Congrats. Fat boys are nice bikes. A friend bought a '06 Fat Boy this summer. The one time he let me ride it, I was impressed as to how nice it rides. I hate to say this, but I think it rides nicer than my Road King.

I don't think you should say "get rid of it". That just doesn't sound right, after all "it" was something you enjoyed not something you hated. Maybe say "find a loving new home".

Enjoy the new bike.
    Fred

• 84 posts
    September 3, 2014 3:10 AM PDT
    Fred77 wrote...
    I hate to say this, but I think it rides nicer than my Road King.

No Fred, don't say that.  I'm starting to look for a '07-'10 Road King to pick up this winter as a mechanic friend (he's uncanny we call him the "Harley Whisperer")  has been raggin' on me about me taking the Lowrider on long runs. 
    Snake