2014 Labor Day Weekend

• 284 posts
    August 29, 2014 11:18 AM PDT
    Hope all of you have a safe and happy 2014 Labor Day Weekend.  Remember Ride Defensively.

I was planning on some nice Sportster Rides, then the other day My back brakes went out.  I ordered a brake bleeder / tester from online but it will not be here till next week.  Then, I am not sure but think I am leaking out my rear brake line somewhere.    That is what the tester part is for.  After you bleed it you pressure test the line.

Hope your weekend goes better than mine. 

What are your plans?

• 1855 posts
    August 29, 2014 11:25 AM PDT
    I just got back from Alabama. I'm staying home. Pressure tester? Seems a foot on the brake peddle will give you that answer.
    • 5420 posts
    August 29, 2014 12:19 PM PDT

• 284 posts
    August 30, 2014 3:45 AM PDT
    Jimmy the pedal probably would work if I could see the brake line and open and close the bleeder valve on the caliper.

But since the rear brake line is on the left, as you sit on the bike, and the pedal is on the right there is no way to be able to pump the brakes look under the seat / gas tank area and try to see if there is a very very small leak or be able to open and close the bleeder valve.

So the tester hooks to the caliper bleeder valve and after you have filled the system you put pressure on it and see if it leaks down. If it does you have a leak in your brakes, and now keep pressure on it and try to find the leak.

So anyway Jimmy have a Great Labor Day Weekend.
    • 284 posts
    August 30, 2014 3:45 AM PDT
    Double post of the same one already up.
    • 1855 posts
    August 30, 2014 4:29 AM PDT
    You as well SS.....forgot about you being on a Sportster.
    • 9 posts
    August 31, 2014 10:17 AM PDT
     Just wrote somethin...
    but cause it's not the computer I'm used to...
    forgot to hit upload...DAMN.

Happy Labor Day Folks.  

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1516 posts
    September 1, 2014 6:35 AM PDT
    Happy Labor Day everyone.. it is a great day!!
    • 3006 posts
    September 1, 2014 10:13 AM PDT
    Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day & enjoying the ride.