Saddlebags vibrate

• August 27, 2014 11:16 AM PDT
    I have a set of saddlebags that I want to put back on my bike but I can't seem to stabilize them so they don't vibrate.  I had them on my bike but because of the vibration it broke the easy bracket and the front half of the bag fell to the ground.  Luckily I had stopped for gas when it dropped or it could have been very bad.

The back of the bags are not flat so attaching the easy brackets I did use the original brackets that came with it but that didn't work.  So in order to get them on the easy bracket I used washers but because they were not supported the weight pulled the front of the bag forward so the lid didn't fit properly.

Any ideas for customizing?

RaceAngel
    • 284 posts
    August 27, 2014 12:11 PM PDT
    I do a lot of mods on different things, and, for me, I have to look at the problem while I think about the different solutions.

I am not smart enough to read what you wrote and figure it out. lololol

Post a few photos, the more the better, and who knows what the answer might be.
    • 3006 posts
    August 28, 2014 6:16 PM PDT
    I have saddle bag stays & it mounts at the fender rail.I use a heavy rubber washer between the stays and the fender rail to minimize vibration to the bag and to protect the rail.I have to tighten them down after a few weeks worth of riding as they tend to work loose from the vibrations
  • August 29, 2014 9:11 AM PDT
    Have you thought about the saddle bag stiffeners that go on the inside of the bags. They might provide the stability you need to secure the bags firmly on the bike again. Kuryakn sales them I believe. good luck
  • August 29, 2014 11:08 AM PDT
    I don't need to stiffeners as the bags are hard bags covered in leather. SilverSportster I will take some pictures so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. They are actually made for another manufacturer of bike but they also were a gift and they are big and they lock. I'm sure there is a way to minimize the vibration. Really need them for my long rides. OK...maybe not need, just want. You know how us women are.