Death Valley

• 1855 posts
    August 21, 2014 1:26 AM PDT
    Is it just me or does the guy with the camera on his bike appear to be a bit inexperienced?   He's all over the place. 
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qx4oilHKiSU#t=86
    • 5420 posts
    August 21, 2014 2:05 AM PDT
    Looks pretty shaky in the turns and exiting the turns.
    • 284 posts
    August 21, 2014 8:35 AM PDT
    I thought from the look of it he was lookin at a monitor or somethin trying to make sure it was all centered well.

I thought it was over all boring.
  • August 21, 2014 10:02 AM PDT
    Holy Shit, talk about a bad rider. I wouldn't want his side by side with me
    • 1855 posts
    August 21, 2014 10:31 AM PDT
    I think if HOG magazine or HD is going to promote a specific ride, the video camera ought to be on a passenger's helmet and not the driver's. After all, a scenic ride from the driver's point of view is simply the road. So many times I wish I had the opportunity to see what Gypsy is seeing when we ride. She always says, "Wow, look at that"!!! Yeah, right. Like I've got time to look at scenery. LOL
    • 3006 posts
    August 22, 2014 4:58 AM PDT
    I see a lot of riders,out in the canyon, locally who use helmet cams,typically they have them stuck on their lid or on the rite or left side of the helmet at chin level.The ability to shoot stable shots cant be easy,since all of the ones I have seen are being worn by sportriders riding exotic/high performance motorcycles.

Totally with you on having the passenger do the filming,I am always too busy watching for crap on the road/oncoming traffic to worry about scenery much,except out in the boondocks.
    • 19040 posts
    August 23, 2014 2:04 AM PDT
    That was poor but in the defense of the photographer the video was sped up thus exaggerating the movement.