Let's Talk Food

• 207 posts
    August 6, 2014 1:09 PM PDT
    Post up your favorite places to stop and chow down while on a ride.  Maybe they have awesome BBQ.  Maybe the cater to bikers.  Maybe the food is cheap but good.  Whatever it is that makes this place "THE place" to stop while you're out on a ride, let the rest of us know about so if we're ever in the area we know to stop there!

One of my fave places is the Mountain House in McConnellsburg, PA (https://plus.google.com/110755835441248223478/about?gl=us&hl=en).  Not only do they have good food at a reasonable price, they love motorcycles.  I only saw one "cage" in the parking lot any time I've ever been there.  Not only is it a great place to eat with great biker atmosphere, the ride across U.S. Route 30 to get there and the view there is spectacular!
    • 16840 posts
    August 6, 2014 5:59 PM PDT
    Covered Bridge Pizza (world's best Stromboli)
    6541 S Main St, North Kingsville, OH 44004

Primanti Bros. (Almost Famous Sandwich)
    46 18th Street
    Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Girard Dinor (Dino Burger)
    222 Main St W, Girard PA 16417
    • 3006 posts
    August 7, 2014 4:26 AM PDT
    Alice's Restaurant
    17288 Skyline Blvd  ( Junction of Hwy 84 & Hwy 35 )
    Woodside Ca.94062

A definite must see stop on any ride thru the hills above Santa Cruz.The food is very good,the service also.Fuel,bathrooms,and small well stocked general store n deli across the highway.From this stop you can take any number of routes to get down to the beach or Santa Cruz or back to the peninsula to the bay area.One of my favorite runs down to the coast takes Hwy 84 thru the redwoods,w/a stop at Alices.

• 5420 posts
    August 7, 2014 4:53 AM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Alice's Restaurant
    17288 Skyline Blvd  ( Junction of Hwy 84 & Hwy 35 )
    Woodside Ca.94062

A definite must see stop on any ride thru the hills above Santa Cruz.The food is very good,the service also.Fuel,bathrooms,and small well stocked general store n deli across the highway.From this stop you can take any number of routes to get down to the beach or Santa Cruz or back to the peninsula to the bay area.One of my favorite runs down to the coast takes Hwy 84 thru the redwoods,w/a stop at Alices.

We stopped there on the way home from Redwood Run one year.  101 & 280 were stopped dead going into San Jose and some guy in a gas station told us to go that way and over to the coast... and there we found it.  Can't help but sing the old Arlo Guthrie song when you stop :-)
  • August 7, 2014 5:03 AM PDT
    I gotta check that out next time I'm out there, great advice guys
    • 1 posts
    August 8, 2014 5:09 AM PDT
    Gus's Famous Chicken…. 730 S Mendenhall Road Memphis, TN 38117 Great fried chicken.
    Guy and Mays 119 William St Williamsburg, KS 66095… Best ribs ever.
    Boudreaux's Marina 8250 Louisiana 56 Chauvin, LA 70344… Soft shell crab Po boy ( In season at the fall time only)
    None of these place's cater to bikers but all a worth the trip. Especially if you are with in a few hundred miles