Brake Pads for '08 FLHX

• August 6, 2014 5:58 AM PDT
    I'm looking to purchase Front & Rear Pads for my bike.

I vaguely remember reading here on CF a while back..... that someone bought these at either a) AutoZone
    or
    b) Advance Auto.

It was stated that these pads are excellent and similar to the Lyndall types....

I'm going this route, since I can get them within short notice as opposed to 'ordering online' and wtg 3 - 4 day ~

Any advice greatly appreciated!
    later,
    Dave
    • 5420 posts
    August 9, 2014 4:07 AM PDT
    I know lots of the auto parts stores are carrying more and more motorcycle parts like batteries, light bulbs, oil, spark plugs, etc, but I don't think I have ever seen them carrying things like brake pads. Did a quick search of Auto Zone and ORiely and didn't see any.

• August 9, 2014 11:11 AM PDT
    Lucky, of all people here I really thought it was you who posted that info I'm lookin' for....lol!
    But that's alright...I know I read a/b somebody stating there exists a comparable 'pad(s)' sold at one of those stores ...similar to the Lyndalls....
    No problem though, I'll prob. get them online from JP Cycles or somebody like that....appreciate it man, thanks !
    • 284 posts
    August 10, 2014 6:35 AM PDT
    On the back of most brake pads, that steel plate is a number. Usually the manufacturer stamps one number and sells some to all the companies who can use it and will buy it. If that number is there you can take a pad in and get it matched. Front and rear will probably be different.