I am a cliche

• 2 posts
    July 6, 2014 11:27 AM PDT

I am the not so little old man who only rides his motorcycle to church on Sundays.

Back in January Little Mother broke her wrists and the only excuse I can find to leave her by herself is when I ride to church. Today took a 20 mile detour along the river, some tight turns, no traffic ,and Uly got to show off what Uly does best.  What a wonderful beast.

Have at least another month before Little Mother can be fully functional, will always have some pain and will never have her full strength back in her left hand but she will be satisfied if she has control of her kitchen again.

• July 6, 2014 2:24 PM PDT
    Savage it does seem like the older we get the more pains we come up with. Rode today for about 6 hours, and by the end of the ride my left wrist and right thumb was hurting like crazy. I guess it's just part of growing up. Man when we were in out teens and 20's never through about pain at all unless someone kicked our ass for some reason. Other than that ride pain free. I think getting old SUCKS
    Night Dragon
    • 9 posts
    July 10, 2014 10:41 AM PDT
    When you give UP your dreams...you die.

You've heard it. And believed it. Cause it's KINDA true.
    As long as you hold tight, to the things of THIS world, that make YOU comfortable...
    Those may be the very things you .. Lose. First.

Look, I know following GOD, ain't a ROSE GARDEN. Thank Eve...and ADAM for that.
    BUT...
    The tighter you hold on to ANYTHING, BUT...GOD?
    The faster...you'll see it go away.

SORRY, folks. I know that's a bummer kinda outlook.
    BUT, consider...
    THE BLESSINGS in your LIFE.
    ALL OF 'EM.

And ask yourself one question.
    IS IT WORTH IT?

IT IS FOR ME.
    (**EX DRUG ADDICT, LOSING, FIGHTING kinda B***H!!!)
    Where NUTHIN' and I mean NUTHIN'...
    mattered, anymore.

Talk to my son.
    He's awesome. A Valedictorian. A College Graduate. An EMPLOYED, person....

IF...I had to F**K up, again, to get MY SON?
    I would. IN A HEART BEAT.

GOD USES US, to TEACH OTHERS. BELIEVE THAT.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    July 10, 2014 1:18 PM PDT
    I try to ride past a church on Sunday if I can :-)
    • 611 posts
    August 7, 2014 6:31 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear of your lady's troubles. May she heal well and recover the use of her hands.
    Thank God for detours, glad that one came your way Savage.
    All my best to both of you!
    • 9 posts
    August 7, 2014 7:31 AM PDT

There is no straight and fast RULE, to bein' a biker.   There ARE however the CREED'S we live by...

Ride Free  
    TWEEK

May you ride with your wife, as soon as she's able.  And, that both of you...RIDE FREE FOREVER.  TOGETHER!!!

• 3006 posts
    August 7, 2014 6:53 PM PDT
    Thats the funny thing about riding a motorcycle,you can take a detour, that's really not a detour !!! They end up being more like blessings in disguise

Hopefully she is feeling a lot better now and regaining use of her hands.