Tribune, KS funeral upset by tag check.

• May 29, 2014 9:43 AM PDT
    There was a funeral in Tribune , KS,  Tuesday,  27 May.  In the middle of it all,  the county sheriff took it upon himself to do a bike check during the services.  I'm looking for anyone who had direct contact with the officers involved.  I need names or badge numbers.  It's time to rattle some cages!!!!!!!!!!!!   These assholes are supposed to be there to help the procession proceed unhindered,  but no,  there were a bunch of scurvy bikers there!  So they decided to show their authority,  and destroy any semblance of respect the community might have had for them!  Help me if you can,  please!
  • May 29, 2014 11:25 AM PDT
    Sad that the officers involved didn't just look at the nice bikes and respect the funeral procession. Karma is a bitch and she never misses an opportunity to get even. Never mind collecting badge numbers in my opinion, you are just going to be complaining to the big blue wall and all that will get you are a couple of extra tickets in the near future.
  • May 29, 2014 11:41 AM PDT
    Don't care about tickets, time down, been there for speaking out before. It;s the principle of it. the complete lack of repect, for the family, friends, community, and the Brotherhood. We have stood silent while so many of our freedoms have been stripped away. At the very least, let us mourn and be buried, with dignity.
    I will continue on. This indiscretion cannot be let go.
  • May 29, 2014 11:49 AM PDT
    awful
    • 16825 posts
    May 29, 2014 5:01 PM PDT
    While they were harassing bikers criminals on the other side of town were probably having a heyday.
    • 544 posts
    May 30, 2014 6:33 AM PDT
    An article in the local paper may be helpful to you as for a bringing attention to the officer's actions.
  • May 30, 2014 11:17 AM PDT
    There are some very good Law Enforcement Officers out there trying there best to do the right thing and protect the public........and then..........You have the Barney Fife types out there who when you give them a badge and a gun decipher the law any way they want to. There like Alpha Dogs that feel the need to Piss on there territory and let everyone know they are "BIG BROTHER" and cannot be challenged.
    I have worked with and around Law Enforcement and let me tell you........there is a term called "Probable Cause" !
    L.E. cannot pull you over or harass people just because they feel like it. By the sound of it these Officers DID NOT have Probable Cause. Now the down side to all this is unless you have an Attorney that IS NOT in the pockets of local Law Enforcement you are just about SCREWED.
    I really hate to say it but just go have a beer and try to respect your brother the best way you can.
    Stay Safe
    Night Dragon
  • May 30, 2014 12:12 PM PDT
    Viking wrote...
    Don't care about tickets, time down, been there for speaking out before. It;s the principle of it. the complete lack of repect, for the family, friends, community, and the Brotherhood. We have stood silent while so many of our freedoms have been stripped away. At the very least, let us mourn and be buried, with dignity.
    I will continue on. This indiscretion cannot be let go.

Stay strong Viking.... Wish I was up there to assist. Every rider, no, Every American should be pissed off about this!
  • May 30, 2014 2:18 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    While they were harassing bikers criminals on the other side of town were probably having a heyday.

This is sarcasm : Hell you know there are no criminals in Tribune, KS.  There is only GOD.

Jon

• May 30, 2014 2:56 PM PDT
    Viking, Ya know what? While the report of what happened angers me.....some advice you've recievd of "unless you have an Attorney that IS NOT in the pockets of local Law Enforcement you are just about SCREWED." Truly sadens me.

We live in a world of social media. I for one am outraged that this happened to you or to anyon and want to do anything I can to help.

If a woman is annoyed by a sign in a bar in Plano Texas and through her social media post can have the bar manager suspended without pay for an indefinate period, then we as a colloctive should be able to use our social media skills and contacts to insure your story goes viral and brings your local P.D. to their knees over this.

The officer (and I use the word loosley) who commited this attrocity needs to be brought under not only public, but judicial scrutiny.

I issue a challenge to every cycle fish member to post the facts as you report them to us on their social media pages as well as write the local sherrifs office unil the horses ass who did this is fired and the local P.D issues a real appology.
  • May 31, 2014 1:07 AM PDT
    Viking....can you get us the Mailing address and phone number for the Sheriffs office??? I would be more than happy to make my opinion heard....!
    • 9 posts
    June 2, 2014 9:27 AM PDT
    I'd def be on board for the SOCIAL MEDIA attack, as well as demanding the city government (Mayor/Police Commissioner) do something about this travesty. Never been to Tribune, KS, but I would imagine, it's a fairly small town. And it sounds like these officer's were bored and decided to "liven" things up a bit.

IF, however, they disrupted the FUNERAL PROCESSION, you may have a legal leg to stand on.
    Our Constitution clearly states the right to religious freedom. A funeral falls under that umbrella.

I'd definitely send someone down there (incognito) and get the info you need.
    Then hit 'em where it hurts.

I'll stand with you!

Ride Free
    Tweek

***Addendum:  Just shared this to the VBMC (Veteran Bikers M/C, HQ-LLC page)  
          I'm confident the reaction will be much like mine.

• June 2, 2014 12:01 PM PDT
     This post reminded of me of an event that happened in VA. 
    Here is the link:  archive.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx

I do not recall any follow-up being in the news afterwards.

Good luck.