Memories mean...we don't forget. RIGHT???

• 9 posts
    May 25, 2014 11:44 AM PDT

I have a PGR ride in the mornin'.  To honor the VIETNAM VETS.  Something, I feel particularly passionate about.  I watched as many of my (slightly older) sibling's friends, got the call.  (Selective Service).  It was a draft that shook this country to the core of it's HEART.  

WE shouldn't have, even been involved.  

BUT, that's the way this COUNTRY used to be.  We stepped up, and stepped IN, when we could.   We took responsibilities, sometimes, even when we knew... there wasn't a WIN in the column.

And now...I'll stand in the FLAG LINE tomorrow.  To HONOR those men, who did what they were ordered to do.  And even tho, this country treated them like SHIT, when they returned...
    I NEVER DID.  I watched, as my older "brothers", scared witless...walked into those planes, headed for Vietnam. Many...never returned.  But, those who did, were made scapegoats and were "sacrificial lambs", in the name of a justification, that didn't exist.

I, won't  EVER think that.  I can't.  TOO many LIVE's that I KNOW...were TOUCHED.  

And so, I will do the only thing I can.  And that is to HONOR the FALLEN, to Thank the SURVIVORS, and to apologize for a country that SHAMED ME, upon their return.  Please, Ya'll... Don't let that ever happen again!!!   Honor your MILITARY, their Veterans, and all of the families, who made the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE.  

And remember, Vietnam, was only ONE of the wars our CHILDREN, have fought and served in.  This COUNTRY, is ALL any of them (and us,) ever cared about.  

I SALUTE ALL WHO SERVED.  AND will continue to SALUTE, ALL WHO DO!!! 

Ride Free (THANKS TO THOSE WHO SERVED)!!! 
    Tweek  Happy Memorial Day CycleFisher's!!!   

• May 25, 2014 11:49 AM PDT
    well said
    • 2 posts
    May 25, 2014 11:55 AM PDT
    May we all find peace
  • May 25, 2014 12:06 PM PDT
    Thank You Tweek.......I appreciate that.
    Night Dragon
    VietNam 1970 - 1971
    • 81 posts
    May 25, 2014 12:46 PM PDT
    Amen Tweek. Thank you for standing your flag line. As for me I road from Nebraska with three fellow Legion Riders/ Patriot Guard members to DC for Rolling Thunder. A humbling and awesome experience.
    • 3006 posts
    May 26, 2014 3:22 AM PDT
    Good post thanks for sharing this.We need to never forget their sacrifice at the altar of freedom for all of us.
    • 16825 posts
    May 26, 2014 4:56 AM PDT

• May 26, 2014 11:38 AM PDT
    Thank you Tweek. For your words, your service, your attitude and beliefs.
    • 44 posts
    May 27, 2014 1:29 AM PDT
    Thanks Tweek let us not forget and raise our flags so others will never forget the sacrifice of our brothers and sisters that have fought for us may god bless them thank you to all whom have served

USN 84-90