72loveshove

• 3 posts
    May 13, 2014 4:43 AM PDT
    Hi from Sarasota.  Name's Malibu.  New Member here.  This ground up resto/mod Chop took up all of my weekends from May 2010 through September 2013.  It's a rescued '72FLH.  I call it the 72loveshove.  Having absolutely no experienc I thought it would only take a few months to a year.  Thought that would get some laughs!  Believe me, I wasn't laughing, I was swearing up a storm!  But after 2 1/2 years of sweating in the garage It came to pass and it was worth every drop of blood, sweat, and yep...a few tears - (mostly over the cost of having to do things over.)  Enjoy and thanks for the reception!  Mal from Sarasota, FL.
    • 16795 posts
    May 13, 2014 5:19 AM PDT
    Sweet! Lot of old school going on there. :-)
    • 3 posts
    May 13, 2014 5:31 AM PDT
    Thanks Rev, and Oh yes, there's some old ideas goin' on. The battery box is an old Pentax camera bag. The start/ stop is an old "Up/ Down" from a GE Mobile MRI lift gate. The horn is green because that's what I am - a "greenhorn" and it's from a '59 Ford truck. The "Malibu" is from a second year ('65) Chevelle. Bike only had one AMF tank logo when I scarfed it up, so I put it on the center of this tank. I have no idea how old the Hunt mag is, but it works!
  • May 13, 2014 9:57 AM PDT
    Great looking bike!! Love the pipes and the paint looks great. Not over done like some of the stuff I see out there. I am a big fan of simple styling.
  • May 13, 2014 12:01 PM PDT
    Very frigging nice....! Now to get it to Cali for the Dave Mann chopper show next year...! Could be a contenda!
    • 19004 posts
    May 14, 2014 12:38 AM PDT
    Awesome!
    • 3 posts
    May 14, 2014 1:09 AM PDT
    Wheels, Trippin, Rex, thanks all for the appreciation - means a lot!!! Nothing like praise from peers eh?
  • May 18, 2014 3:28 PM PDT
    very nice