Last week was busy

• May 7, 2014 3:05 AM PDT
    I went up to NC last week, got a little house up there. Wild geese and turtles were laying eggs, I also saw otters and beavers in my creek. got my backhoe running good, pushed some brush back got bogged down and made the hoe on the back get off and push. cut 4 acres of grass. went for some nice rides. but I found most bikers there don't wave to you. Every bar searches you for weapons and the most shocking thing I saw was Waffle House hires 2 armed guards to watch over the customers 
  • May 7, 2014 3:41 AM PDT
    and I got poison Ivy
    • 1855 posts
    May 7, 2014 7:06 AM PDT
    Where in NC might this be Dave? Never had that experience in NC; especially when it comes to waving bikers but that doesn't bother me any. Imagine if I waved back to every biker and one of 'em happened to be Obama. I think I'd shoot myself if I found out. LOL
  • May 7, 2014 9:29 AM PDT
    In Rockingham. It's directly in the middle of Charlotte and Fayetteville, 20miles north of the SC line. here are some pics some were taken this winter. You look at it and wouldn't think I'm less than a 1/2 mile to Lowes, WalMart, and food. 
  • May 7, 2014 9:36 AM PDT
    I went for a ride down a long winding road had no clue where I was going. Just took roads saw lots and lots of farm land. ended up in a little town having a car show at a diner. Had my Tom Tom to get me home. I road about 200 miles without knowing where I was or going
    • 3006 posts
    May 7, 2014 12:40 PM PDT
    Looks like nice riding country.
    Out here in Calif we are spoiled,lots of different terrain & riding styles can be experienced.
    Would love to cruise thru that area some day,I would like to see the Ohio Valley in the fall one more time, from my saddle preferably.
    • 314 posts
    May 7, 2014 11:33 PM PDT
    Sorry for the poison ivy Dave, looks like you have a great place
    • 1855 posts
    May 8, 2014 12:48 AM PDT
    Well now Dave; guess who's coming to visit!!!! LOL
  • May 8, 2014 8:31 AM PDT
    I'm 5 miles from the Drag Strip IHRA next weekend, Big boys running, come on