Prayers please.

• April 25, 2014 10:34 AM PDT
    My wife Christy went to bed Monday night with a belly ache, Tuseday morning it was a bit worse. I left for work telling her to take the day and go see the Dr.

At 9:00 AM I got a text asking me to come home that she was in severe pain and something was not right. I called, no answer. Three times I called, no answer. My old dresser will still make tracks if I ask her to do so.

I got home at 9:30 to paramedics, an ambulance, a fire truck and a yard full of neighbors. I got in the house to find my wife on the floor, the paramedics working on her. Long story short, at 8:00 that evening they finished with the emergency appendectamy. Scared the crap right out of me!

Christy is back home now, very sore and moving very slow. I spent more time on my knees than I have in some time. I will continue to be there for her recovery as during the procedure the equipment malfunctioned as they were closing after removing her appendix.....back in they went and took a large part of her colon to repair the damage the stapler had done when it screwed up.

So, any prayers you guys have in you for her recovery will be greatly appreciated.

Funny how God pushed home the point just how much I love her when he made me realize it could all be gone in the blink of an eye.
    • 57 posts
    April 25, 2014 10:49 AM PDT
    Hoping you Get Well quick Christy,our Thoughts and Prayers go out to you
    • 1855 posts
    April 25, 2014 10:59 AM PDT
    My goodness Dave!!! What a thing to come home to and what an episode for her to endure. She'll get well. We all just know it.

Peace
  • April 25, 2014 11:36 AM PDT
    Thanks guys. She's proped up in bed right now dozing.
    • 5420 posts
    April 25, 2014 11:48 AM PDT
    Our prayers and thoughts are with Christy for a speedy and complete recovery.
    • 16825 posts
    April 25, 2014 5:17 PM PDT
    Dave you and Christy are in our prayers.
  • April 25, 2014 5:30 PM PDT
    Dave,
    Never take for granted the things in life that are important to you, as you recently found out. Best wishes to you both.
    • 19034 posts
    April 26, 2014 12:31 AM PDT
    Hoping for quick and complete recovery for Christy!
  • April 26, 2014 2:09 AM PDT
    All my best to you and Christy. I can only imagine how scared you were. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
    • 3006 posts
    April 26, 2014 3:46 PM PDT
    Prayers sent, and well wishes for her speedy recovery.
    Nothing worse in life than losing a loved one.
    Stay positive !!!
  • April 30, 2014 4:06 AM PDT
    Wow...! The last week and a half has been a blur, but the prayrs are appreciated deeply. My wife is doing much better. She won't be running any races any time soon, but she is on the mend. Thanks guys!
    • 16825 posts
    April 30, 2014 4:39 AM PDT
    Good deal. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    April 30, 2014 4:40 AM PDT
    Glad to hear that !!!
    • 1855 posts
    April 30, 2014 9:38 AM PDT
    TallDave wrote...
    Wow...! The last week and a half has been a blur, but the prayrs are appreciated deeply. My wife is doing much better. She won't be running any races any time soon, but she is on the mend. Thanks guys!

Good news and we'll be seeing you both in Maggie Valley I presume. 

Peace
    • 57 posts
    May 2, 2014 1:42 AM PDT
    Glad to here you are feeling better Christy,hope you are able to come to m/g in Maggie Valley,
    • 834 posts
    May 2, 2014 4:04 AM PDT
    Glad to hear she is doing better. Still sending prayers and positive thoughts!
    • 44 posts
    May 8, 2014 1:18 AM PDT
    Just seen this post sorry I am late but I pray that everything is going go stay strong and take it easy
  • May 8, 2014 10:25 PM PDT
    Well, My girl has been released to go back to work. Came home from same sore as all get out but happy!
    I want to thank everyone for the prayers, the heartfelt well wishes. They helped and are appreciated more than I can ever express.

I was considering canceling our aniv. ride until she threatened to hurt me if I did. Yep, my girl is feeling better.
    • 16825 posts
    May 9, 2014 5:23 AM PDT
    God bless you both.
    • 3006 posts
    May 9, 2014 8:33 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing this awesome news) !!! Many blessings to both of you,enjoy the ride an stay safe out there!!!