Back in the Saddle Again!

• April 2, 2014 5:19 AM PDT
     Last June my wife suffered a major stroke and lost a lot of movement on her left side. She had just started riding with me again after 30 years. She has has four mini strokes since and hasn't been able to ride. We had ridden with the local STAR chapter 443 out of Concord, NC just days before her big one. That day we rode 300 miles to Boone and along the Blue Ridge Parkway and had a blast. I have watched her struggle to do the normal things in life that come natural to most of us and it breaks my heart. Her major goal she has set for herself is to make Myrtle Beach Bike Week again this year. Well, yesterday she made a giant leap forward and got back on the back of that bike and we rode. We only rode 20 some odd miles, but to me that was 20 miles of heaven. We have 6 more weeks to perfect her getting on the bike, took us 10 minutes yesterday. But if it takes 10 minutes or if it takes an hour, we are going and we are going to ride till her heart's content! Proud of my babygirl, and I wouldn't take a million dollars for that memory.
    • 3006 posts
    April 2, 2014 5:30 AM PDT
    Congrats !!! that is awesome,thank you for sharing this. Restores my faith in good folks & fellow riders overcoming some ruff times) Lately my own cup has been feeling half empty LOL

Stay safe & enjoy the ride out there!!!
  • April 2, 2014 5:41 AM PDT
    Thank you my friend!
    • 16795 posts
    April 2, 2014 6:22 AM PDT
    God bless you both.
    I truly understand what dealing with health issues and riding is all about.
    • 44 posts
    April 2, 2014 6:31 AM PDT
    That's is great news !!!!! My prayers are with you and the wife always
    • 57 posts
    April 2, 2014 6:57 AM PDT
    Wow Mark thats Great News,We will continue to pray for Lisa's recovery and that you get to share many more years riding with the one you Love the most.
    Take Care Ride Safe
    • 1855 posts
    April 2, 2014 8:29 AM PDT
    Awesome news Mark!!!!

Peace
  • April 2, 2014 10:02 AM PDT
    Thanks guys. You all are awesome!
  • April 2, 2014 11:48 AM PDT
    I'd like to believe God knew that would be the best medicine and the best reward for all the days spent in the struggle to regain strength. May you both have many more milestones in this recovery journey along with miles in the wind....Stay blesse
  • April 2, 2014 1:22 PM PDT
    I couldn't agree more Gypsy. I praying this is just the beginning.
    • 314 posts
    April 2, 2014 11:25 PM PDT
    That is great news for both of you, how exciting!
  • April 2, 2014 11:53 PM PDT
    WOW that is one tough determined Gal you have there Mark. I just know in my heart that the two of you WILL be riding to the Beach Rally. Stay focused and Stay Safe

Night Dragon
    • 5417 posts
    April 3, 2014 2:40 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about the stroke, but her determination and progress are AMAZING. We are sending prayers and lots of positive thoughts her way for continued progress!!!!
    • 1516 posts
    April 3, 2014 4:54 AM PDT
      to hear about you and your wife's struggles..    to the great times you are having even though!!
    I look forward to hearing about your next

• 1 posts
    April 3, 2014 8:03 AM PDT
    Wow! What a great thing when the human spirit overcomes. Sending healing vibes you two way.
  • April 3, 2014 7:41 PM PDT
    She's one heck of a gal and stubborn as a mule. I couldn't be prouder!
  • April 3, 2014 7:43 PM PDT
    Thanks all of you for your thoughts and comments. I'm going to show them to her so she can see just how many good people there are rooting for her. You all are special.
    • 19004 posts
    April 4, 2014 1:33 AM PDT
    ATTA GIRL!
  • April 4, 2014 2:19 PM PDT
    I have been away for a good while. Read your post. I am so gland for you and your wife.