Over the top

• 1855 posts
    March 17, 2014 2:01 AM PDT
    In the off topic  section I posted that I was looking for a shovel head.  I commented on how people think they're motorcycle is made out of gold.  Well, here's a prime example of that.  Either this guy has completely lost touch with reality or, he doesn't want to sell his bike and is only posting it on EBAY to please the OL.  "See honey, I've got it up for sale". 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Other-1979-Harley-Davidson-FXEF-80-Fat-Bob-Supeglide-Restored-/221392701326?forcerrptr=true&hash=item338c08878e&item=221392701326&pt=US_motorcycles
    • 5417 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:04 AM PDT
    WOW!!! But what did you expect from a guy who paks his bike in the living room :-)
    • 1 posts
    March 17, 2014 4:35 AM PDT
    Hey now Lucky I have parked a bike in the living room before... well sort of I built it there...lol
    • 16795 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:04 AM PDT
    Bitchy wrote...
    Hey now Lucky I have parked a bike in the living room before... well sort of I built it there...lol

I have been guilty of such things in the past as well.

• 1855 posts
    March 17, 2014 5:25 AM PDT
    Now, I understand "retro-mod" when it comes to vintage cars and trucks and maybe there is someone out there who would buy this motorcycle. I know the Wheels Through Time guys will pay big bucks for motorcycles but that's usually one of a kind types and very, very old. This really is pretty ridiculous.
  • March 17, 2014 6:15 AM PDT
    People feel if they have that much invested with money and time, then you should pay them for it. It seems the old adage of 20 cents on the dollar spent is no longer applied. Sometimes you just have something old and it is not worth that much.
  • March 17, 2014 7:19 AM PDT
    They say that the THC content is much higher today than it was back in the late 60's, early 70's. Either your correct on the ole lady aspect or he is higher than a kite!!!!!!! Remember, sharing is good!

Trippin
    • 57 posts
    March 17, 2014 11:26 PM PDT
    This is what happens when you got people with more money than common sense,moneys no problem,simply buying on emotion, they want it they buy it.If you had told me 25 years ago that I could get12k a year letting a few guys deer hunt my property in Illinois I would have said you were nuts but they're nocking the door down so the price goes up every year