I have tried every trick I can find for the security system

• March 11, 2014 1:53 PM PDT
    I have a 2006 Electra Glide, the battery died this winter completely and now the security system has tripped. The hazards flash and the security key flashes on the dash.

The Key Fob wont work, but honestly I have never used it before so I have no way of knowing if it is functional.

I contacted the previous owner and he stated that he never switched the security code from the dealer. So i then contacted the dealer and they stated that they use 1-1-1-1-1 on all their bikes. When I tried that to enter the code I cant get the odometer to go blank to enter in the code manualy, and when the key flashes "quickly" as described in the manual, I enter the code but the system wont recognize that either.

I tried to discover the security code manually but without the key fob working the proper sequence isn't possible according to the manual.

Is there any other options to try???? I really don't want to replace the ECM for 500 dollars. 
    • 5420 posts
    March 11, 2014 5:13 PM PDT
    Cincy, Sounds like you are going to have to take it in. The dealer can reset the security system and re-marry your FOB to the bike.

I am not sure why the dealer told you the code is 111111, There is NO code on a factory bike... just plain not set to ANY code. And the dealer would be insane to set ALL the bikes they sell to 111111 and then tell you that over the phone. Since less then half the people actually set their own code, especially right off the bat, anyone could steal any bike that dealer sold.
    • 2685 posts
    March 12, 2014 12:04 AM PDT
    Cincy,

Don't know if this will help but my son was having a problem with his as well, in the end found out it was just a dead battery in the fob and that fixed his issue but because of the dead batter in the fob it kept tripping the alarm as well.

While trying to figure out what was going on he found a You Tube video on how to 'discover' the code that is set. I would say if you haven't already tried it, search You Tube on how to get the code. In your description you said the dealer told you the just set all their's to 111111 but they didn't say they had a record of setting it to that so it could just be set from previous time or as Lucky said may not have one at all since it lost power.

Good Luck
    • 2685 posts
    March 12, 2014 12:12 AM PDT
    Or just saw the thread 'Harley security system', if you read through, PaulaWest posted the instructions.
    • 1855 posts
    March 12, 2014 1:14 AM PDT
    Lucky is the expert in this area. Really. Just take the bike to a dealer and he'll fix it. A little bit of $$ isn't as bad as the frustration and aggravation.
    Peace
  • March 12, 2014 1:30 AM PDT
    Lucky they actually do set the personal code to all 1's. But they advise you to reset it as soon as you take ownership. I contacted the previous owner and he never switched it. I guess I will just have to fork over the dough so I can get back on this thing. Really bums me out, I can usually fix anything.

Will the dealer remove the security system? I never use my button fob, and honestly don't want the hassle. I mean it someone wants my bike is going to be stolen. That's why I have insurance....
    • 5420 posts
    March 12, 2014 1:43 AM PDT
    Hope all the people buying a bike from the dealer setting the security override to 111111 have insurance too :-)
  • March 22, 2014 1:15 PM PDT
    Try the last 5 digits of the VIN.