New beginnings from old.

• 1 posts
    February 27, 2014 3:21 PM PST
    Hey been awhile since I graced these pages with any relevant stuff, But i am alive and well living the dream still in the southern hemisphere. I have been getting into revamping old bikes (jappas) a z750 and Z1000 kawasakis of course..both are over 30 years old.. and my plan is to get them both up and running this year..I especially want to z1000 for September so I can take it on my Annual rememberance ride for fallen officers..(leo's).

I suppose we all get to stage in life where we just don't feel like talking to anyone I'm kinda at the stage..So I just poke around here at home..play games watch TV...and get out the back and tool around with my 2 new loves..and aren't they technical little buggers compared to my HD...but thats the fun for too learning new stuff..It has been ages since i tinkered with anything four in a line..thats wasn't a cage..

I'm sending summer back to you because quite frankly its been way to hot for me..Today is officially the last day of our summer..hopefully I'll be able to wear pullovers soon enough..and I got a wicked new leather jacket for this coming winter, and if i can manage to shed a few more pounds from my girth I've even got hold of a touring jacket that even hs armour...why its got armour is beyond me..mayeb the manufactureres think us old farts come off our rides alot..Think I'll have to ponder that for awhile...anyways like I said I could be back...in here with updates as I know you are sitting there with baited breaths..(not)......keep it together guys/gals...later .....Jsy. 
    • 19055 posts
    February 27, 2014 10:35 PM PST
    Cool Jonesy!
    • 3006 posts
    February 28, 2014 1:50 PM PST
    Good to see ya back.This last winter wasnt much of one for us on the lower west coast.The most mild one I ever seen in my entire life.It was really sweet riding on the coast Hwy1 with little to no tourista traffic!!!

A old friend of mine owned a kz650 many years ago, he restored it after buying it at a salvage yard.Helped him put a new front end on it,took it off a kz750 fit perfectly.He rebuilt the motor and got it running sweet.We traded rides once & that Kz could haul ass thru the twistys,really loved it.He later sold it for a really good profit.
    I also recall that kz1000 with the fiberglass body work,79 or 80? that scoot was wicked fast.

stay safe & enjoy the ride