To the shop

• 1855 posts
    February 22, 2014 8:53 AM PST

44 degrees today.  A bud helped load my bike so I could get it to the shop. (can't wait until my back surgery fixes me).  Install the mags, chrome lowers, ape hangers, etc.    They said they would hang on to it until I'm recovered from my back surgery and then we'll be good to head SW.  

It's going to drop into the single digits again over the next few days with more snow so a lot of folks took advantage of this beautiful sunny day to get their rides up to the dealer.  The dealer (owner), btw, is damn good and more accommodating than any I've been to over the years.  I've been taking my rides to them since they were kids and their Dad was running things.   Everyone from around here travels 40 miles north instead of using the HD dealership that's less than 1/4 mile from my house; just around the corner.  I'm not saying the close one isn't worthy but Ottawa HD is by far more personal and gives great deals.  Takes after their Dad (may he rest in peace).   What may not seem like much to some folks as far as discounts go, adds up and keeps us going back.  No other dealer in this area offers anywhere near the deals and cut rates.  Don't understand why they are so greedy as to think a 15% discount is going to break them.  I'm saving nearly $300 on just the ape hanger installation complete with the SS cables and accessories. 

Anyway, I'm excited.  Hell yes.  My back surgery is March 7th and my ride will be ready and waiting when I'm healed.  Hopefully the weather will have turned it's nose to a wonderful spring and I'll have the spring in my step back. 

Ya'll have a great week-end.  I gotta date with the OL, a case of Corona, a couple bottles of wine, and a warm fire.

Peace

• February 23, 2014 12:53 AM PST
    Hope you have a speedy recovery and get in the wind soon! You're gonna love the apes. They make riding so much more comfortable on the neck and back.
    • 5419 posts
    February 23, 2014 2:05 AM PST
    Glad to here the bike is finally getting done after your long wait for the wheels!

No get yourself taken care of and you're all set. Hope the surgery goes well and you are up and riding soon!!!!
    • 1855 posts
    February 23, 2014 3:56 AM PST
    southernman67 wrote...
    Hope you have a speedy recovery and get in the wind soon! You're gonna love the apes. They make riding so much more comfortable on the neck and back.

Yes sir indeed they are!!!  I was in a halo brace back in 1995 for 6 months.  After that was removed I couldn't ride without my back and neck aching.  I tried all types of bars until I switched to the Ape Hangers.  The old shovel head never felt so good.   I've been wanting more apes for quite some time so I thought I'd just go ahead and do it.   Thanks people.  

Look for us this summer..

Peace

• 44 posts
    February 23, 2014 9:25 AM PST
    Hope you have a fast recovery and post some pics of the upgrades to the ride as soon as shes done as far as your back surgery I sure hope things go well. Doc says thats the only way to fix my back but no surgery for me not right now good luck and prays heading your way
    • 3006 posts
    February 23, 2014 4:12 PM PST
    Some people have all the goodiesLoL not sure if apes would work on my ride? If it gives you real relief from back pain then it is worth it.It is amazing how some dealerships are so willing to go the extra yard while others flounder along till they falter, or learn the lesson & take care of the customer first.

Have a back issue myself near my neck,I thank God it isnt any worse.Surgery is my only option if it ever becomes any worse.
    Hope your back in the saddle sooner rather than later)
  • March 17, 2014 7:29 AM PDT
    Hey Jimmy, hope the back surgery went well.... What levels did they work on? They got 3-4, 4-5, and 5-S1 on me awhile back. The apes should work and help keep you straight. Keep riding.