A TRUE BIKER......

• 284 posts
    February 2, 2014 6:20 PM PST
    Here is a TRUE biker.  Buried with, and sitting on his bike.  I like My Scooter, 04 Sportster is an awesome bike.  But I am not gettin buried with it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/biker-buried-astride-beloved-harley-plexiglas-casket/story?id=22329160 />
    What do you guys think?

Buried on your bike or not?

Interesting Question, Kind of like, To Be or Not to Be that is the Question 
    • 57 posts
    February 2, 2014 10:19 PM PST
    Saw this on the News,to each their own but that looked freaky.Did they take him to a taxidermist, a Harley shop or a Funeral Director
  • February 2, 2014 10:34 PM PST
    Who said 'you can't take it with you' ? HAHA
    • 1855 posts
    February 3, 2014 12:02 AM PST
    Unless you have no special person to leave your motorcycle too I suppose I could understand being buried with it. But really? It seems a bit selfish to me considering proceeds from the bike might help out a charity such as Wounded Warriors. But that's just my opinion. I don't begrudge anyone their choices.

Peace
  • February 3, 2014 1:47 AM PST
    I have to leave mine here cuz I'm gettin cremated, and I wont burn my steed
    • 5420 posts
    February 3, 2014 2:03 AM PST
    I think it would mean more leaving my bike to a loved one. The only way I am being buried on my bike is if they can't figure out which parts belong to me and which to the bike :-)
    • 846 posts
    February 3, 2014 4:00 AM PST
    My thoughts were to be cremated and part of my ashes would be put in a storage tube mounted to the front frame that is welded shut. Then the bike would go to a family member. That way I could still be alone for the ride.
  • February 3, 2014 9:26 AM PST
    The pics look down right creepy, but to each his own I guess. I think it would be better to leave the bikes/ cars to loved ones who can enjoy them for years and remember you as they rode down the hwy.
    • 3006 posts
    February 3, 2014 1:12 PM PST
    Lmao yeah thats certainly one way to git buried !!! As for me throw my ashes out at sea or on some high mountaintop down near Big Sur) My scoot can be saved for my granson,someday he will appreciate it.
    • 1 posts
    February 5, 2014 7:39 AM PST
    Seen this and thought "Damn sell me that bike." The Shovel generator has always been my favorite engine/bike Harley ever produced. Been hunting for one for twenty years, they are either wanting too much money for them or someone with more money then me finds them.
  • February 7, 2014 12:06 AM PST
    yep...flatside shovel is the second prettiest motor harley ever made.......so where is this dude buried?
    • 1 posts
    February 7, 2014 9:31 AM PST
    springertim wrote...
    yep...flatside shovel is the second prettiest motor harley ever made.......so where is this dude buried?

So what do you think is prettiest??? 

• 15 posts
    February 8, 2014 6:24 AM PST
    Personally, I see no need to put the bike in the ground to rot. You can only take it as far as the hole in the ground so leave it to someone. JMHO