Moisture in my Carburetor?

• January 14, 2010 10:41 PM PST
    Good morning everyone,
    I have been trying to start my bike for the past couple of days and have not been able to get her to turn over. I put stabolizer in the gas before covering her up for the winter. I have had the trickle charger on for the past couple of days and she still won't turn over. Sounds like she wants to. but no go. I'm "assuming" there is moisture in the carborator. Is there anything I can I do, or do I just have to wait until it thaws out and evaporates? It is supposed to get into the high 30's today, maybe 40 today, but she is still parked in the back of my garage where its pretty cold.  I would really appreciate any advise.
    Thanks...  
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:45 PM PST
    take out the plugs try give them a dry off ,see how that works ?,
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:46 PM PST
    but wee u being female its no a bad thing ur awf the road eh ,lol
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:47 PM PST
    no joke my bikes the same ,but i will worry about that in 4 months time ,
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:49 PM PST
    dry the plugs ,then try a charger on her see how u get on wee that ,ive now got a flat battery trying mine .
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:49 PM PST
    oh -and watch out whiskys on ,lol
  • January 14, 2010 10:51 PM PST
    Very funny G... watch out now! Thanks, I have no mechanical skills.....there is a whole new world of things I'm learning to do. I just learned how to use an electric drill. My walls are suffering, but hey, their my walls . Its the boiler and those things that worry me......
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 10:52 PM PST
    drain the gas out of the carb. bowl ....should be a screw under the bowl ....revome it and let the gas drain out..just in case there is water in there. Reinstall the screw and get ya a can of Carb starting fluid, which comes in a spray can. Basically it's either. Give a couple of shots into the carb breather, and see if that will start it up. also like g said clean off the plugs as well.

Let us know how that works

Night Dragon
  • January 14, 2010 10:52 PM PST
    Oh, I like Whiskey! Does he have any michanical skills?
  • January 14, 2010 10:54 PM PST
    Thanks Nightdragon! I'll give that a try!
  • January 14, 2010 10:55 PM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    Oh, I like Whiskey! Does he have any michanical skills?

yes, ive got mechanical skills,  but there limited, my skills lie in other areas
  • g
    January 14, 2010 10:58 PM PST
    what u doing !! new tea boy ,
  • January 14, 2010 11:04 PM PST
    starting as a chargehand plater
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:05 PM PST
    aye ,probably ,,,any how ,the poor lass has carb problems ??what's the solution ??
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:06 PM PST
    starting as a chargehand plater

??? no got a clue fit ur on aboot min ??
  • January 14, 2010 11:09 PM PST
    I love tea, must be my English heritage!
    You guys are a big help with my carb problem! LOL
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:16 PM PST
    just dont go out ..sorted ,lol,it's to cold .
  • January 14, 2010 11:22 PM PST
    I thought it was supposed to be nice here today, but its overcast and looks like snow again. I was going to go for a ride if I could. Too much salt and sand on the roads anyway. Still want to get her running though.
    Where did our friend go? Scared away???
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:25 PM PST
    see ,its to cold .
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:29 PM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    I thought it was supposed to be nice here today, but its overcast and looks like snow again. I was going to go for a ride if I could. Too much salt and sand on the roads anyway. Still want to get her running though.
    Where did our friend go? Scared away???

ffs, could u no have just said that to start wee ,wid have saved all the shite .lol
  • g
    January 14, 2010 11:30 PM PST
    right ,im off back to work ,ive got some nice girls to go n see ,ive to take down some sizes ,good luck with ur bike .
    • 2 posts
    January 15, 2010 12:02 AM PST
    No harm in doing what "nightdragon" says (OUTSIDE) but more likely the problem is too much gas not too little. - Wheel it outside & let it rest & air out for a while the battery recharges. - Not familiar w/ your scooter but w/ the new electronic gizmos a lot of them hate having the trottle tweaked until the engine is running steady.
    - If you are outside & can get access to the air cleaner try a quick spray of ether.
    - Failing all that - Go w/ what "g" said - "take out the plugs try give them a dry off ,see how that works" -
  • January 15, 2010 12:10 AM PST
    My bike is an "86, so no new gadgets or high tech digital stuff

Thanks, Savage!
  • g
    January 15, 2010 1:17 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    My bike is an "86, so no new gadgets or high tech digital stuff

Thanks, Savage!

oh, well just kick the shite ooot of it then .lol
  • January 15, 2010 1:18 AM PST
    SHE'S PURRING LIKE A KITTEN!
    Whatever the problem was resolved itself. She cranked right over and was humming right along. Now I've got to jump the tractor cause the batteries dead on that and I can't get the bike out of the garage as she's tucked into the back behind the tractor and snow blower. Winter sucks...time to move south!