Got to brag

• January 14, 2014 8:18 AM PST
    I've lived in Charleston all my life. I've been to several other places and none appeal to me as much as home. Everybody says that no place like home. Lots of my friends moved away and sooner or later move back. Lots of people visit then move here. For years and years Charleston has been rated the "Friendliest" City. For the last 3 years in a row Charleston has been rated the #1 city to visit in the US and last year we were #1 in the world!!! http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-choice-awards/united-states/best-cities-america_slideshow_item9_10 ; WOO HOO
  • January 14, 2014 8:22 AM PST
    What is the retired% population....the tax base on retired people? Winters, snow-cold? I'm retired and looking to go South and East but no cold winters.
  • January 14, 2014 9:01 AM PST
    SNOW? lol I remember the blizzard in 72 we got 6" most snow I ever seen in my life shut everything down for weeks. This is our take on snow someone runs in says it's snowing everybody runs outside looks up for 10-20 mins until someone sees a flake. City closes. LOL the schools delayed opening for 3hrs last week because of cold, no snow, no rain, Very sunny just cold it got down to 20s. We have lots of retired people, lots to do. Great beaches, lots of back roads to ride on. We're a little Austin type town for music. I go to the blues jam often. one of the bike friendly business here, Jason's Garage, super nice guy!! it's much cheaper to live outside the city but it's still close. Myrtle Beach is 2hr north Savannah is 2hr south. We are not in the Bible belt. Charleston has always been a military town good place to be a vet
  • January 14, 2014 9:40 AM PST
    Thanks, will do some research. I need some help with this web site. I'm trying to post on the forum regarding the spell check thing....But I'm unable to get beyond the subject bracket. I can't get my cursor to move down into the main body to type up my post statements or questions. What am I doing wrong?
    • 2 posts
    January 26, 2014 11:01 AM PST
    mudslinger wrote...
    Thanks, will do some research. I need some help with this web site. I'm trying to post on the forum regarding the spell check thing....But I'm unable to get beyond the subject bracket. I can't get my cursor to move down into the main body to type up my post statements or questions. What am I doing wrong?
    Lucky fixed it try again