New Guy from California

• 4 posts
    December 6, 2013 2:48 AM PST

Hi everyone!

Just a little about myself, 28 years old orginally hailed from Dallas, Texas, moved from Texas to California due to a change in homeport for my ship. I have been serving in the Navy for 10 years, I just got promoted to Macinist Mate First Class, I was converted from an Engineman back in April. I have a wonderful wife she was my high school sweetheart and we have been married for 5 years and together for 10, we have 2 wonderful boys 8 and 17 months. My oldest has High Functioning Autism but is a smart and incredibly bright kid who loves daddys motorcycles. My 17 month old is recovering from Skull surgury when he was 9 months old for a condition called Craniosynistosis, they had to remove pieces of his skull and reform them into the correct shape, I called him firecracker when he was just a few weeks old and the personality just stuck with him he is into everything and I love it. That's it for my family about myself, I have been riding for only a short amount of time I started Febuary of last year due to a catastrophic failre of my rear differential on my 01' Jeep Cherokee (stupid Dana 33) it was then I decided to jump into a motorcycle 2 months later I was licensed and attended my MSF courses and had my MSF card. I rode a 92' Susuki Gs500e great little bike falling apart but she lasted me a year and only had 15k miles on her when she was bought. In April of this year I was drooling over a the thought of a new bike and found my new 2005 Suzuki Bandit 1200s, a bike that I found later was a rare bike to find in the states. Unfortunately the day after I bought her a car cut me off in my lane to get into a gas station without signaling or looking beside them (I was at their rear quarter panel thinking I was easy to see in their mirror). I braked to avoid being hit and due to cold tires and a really good front brake and crappy slick California roads the front end collapsed and me and the Bandit slid about 30 yards to a stop. Luckily the insurance paid for all the repairs and I came out of it with just a hurt shoulder (ATGATT!). My family has been in and around motorcycles for a long time my dad owns one and every one of my Uncles on my dads side own bikes. I hope to meet some people here and going to the events around my home. Sorry this was a book I didnt want to just put HI im new and thats it lol.

TLDR: I am awesome, lets go for a ride!

P.S. And those of you around the Dallas area check out my Uncles Restoration Shop: Texas Motor Toys, they have a few classic bikes in their inventory!
    • 5417 posts
    December 6, 2013 3:01 AM PST
    Welcome RogMan. Not sure where in Cali you are but since you mentioned home port for your Navy Ship I am assuming either San Diego, Long Beach or San Fran. We are here in Orange County and ride ALL the time.

Hop you and your family enjoy your new home here.

Wishing all the best for your two young boys!!!

Enjoy the site
  • December 6, 2013 3:19 AM PST
    welcome from oregon
    • 4 posts
    December 6, 2013 3:55 AM PST
    Yeah, I am in San Diego right now, I will be for awhile since my youngest is required to see a Pediatric Neurosurgeon every month. I have been up to Orange County a couple of times, once to get gas (on our way to LA) and the 2nd was to stop by West Coast Choppers before Jesse shut it down and moved to Texas.
    • 3006 posts
    December 6, 2013 5:00 AM PST
    Howdy and welcome from San Francisco Bay !

Great branch of the service to be in !!! My brother in law is a captain in the CG
    San Diego is a great area to live in.

stay safe & enjoy the ride !!!
    • 16795 posts
    December 6, 2013 7:48 AM PST
    Hello from the Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
    • 19007 posts
    December 6, 2013 8:41 PM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' (currently Terlingua, TX) member to the Best Damn Biker Site on this here web thing.
    • 1364 posts
    December 8, 2013 12:28 AM PST
    Welcome from the Evergreen State
  • December 8, 2013 2:08 AM PST
    Welcome from just 30 minutes north of you on the I-15
    • 4 posts
    December 8, 2013 4:12 AM PST
    Where at up North? I have been feverishly researching about my Bandit to see exactly how rare it is since I cannot find any for sale in the US.
  • December 8, 2013 2:38 PM PST
    Another welcome from the Evergreen State!
    • 834 posts
    December 10, 2013 3:48 AM PST
    Welcome RogMan from over here in Tuscon AZ. Enjoy that San Diego weather, it don't get much better anywhere.
  • December 10, 2013 10:08 AM PST
    Welcome from Houston. I can see from how you write that the youthful need for speed simply flows in your veins.

I would like to thank you for your service to our Country.

Regards

JimmyK