Accent’s from around the world

• 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 2:49 AM PST
    I've always been a big fan of different accents from around the US and world. My love for accents started back in California in 1971, when I was stationed at Edwards AFB, after my tour in South East Asia. Being from Texas ...well I had a Texas accent, and at the time the women out there seem to dislike that country boy sound. Wasn't making much head way with the ladies out there, so I said something has to change. I started to pratice on an English accent and had it down pretty well. So out to the night clubs I go with my new found sound. The first time I ask someone to dance with my new accent it was like magic. Everyone wanted to dance with the English mate. Of course to pull this off you also need a bit of history about the country you pretend to come from. I fould this out the hard way when I met this lass from England. Yep my cover was blown, except I guess she throught anybody that goes to the extent of faking an accent deserves a dance, so it turned out pretty well.
    Well ever since then my passion for accents has grown, and I still to this day pratice. My wife will sometimes say well what country are we from tonight.
    Even when I read g's post I read them out loud in a Scottish accent, and Dyna's post I read out loud in an Irish accent.
    From there I started praticing a lot of Movie Stars way of speaking, and walking and mannors. By far Sam Elliot is my best, and I have him nailed to a T. I have seen Road House more times than I can count. If I decide to be Sam all night long, at least one person will say ....dude you sound just like Sam Elliot.

Here in my area people just love accents from accross the pond. They treat ya like a movie star.
    Onec my ex-wife and I went to Mexico....no I don't speak spanish.........she told me ....hey just because you can talk like Cheech and Chong doesn't mean they understand what your saying.

Anyway everyone, and where there from is special, and I love meeting people from around the world with different accent's.

The best to everyone

The Night Dragon
    • 1040 posts
    January 14, 2010 3:04 AM PST
    Good stuff dragon....and yea, I find myself here from time to time reading g and Dyna's posts in the same accent as well and I have to stop myself and say"dude, WTF ya doin man?"...lol. Even caught myself responding back a few times with the Scottish/Irish lingo. All's cool though; our brother's across the pond are cool kats!

Oh, and It's OK to talk like Cheech and Chong, but if ya get stopped, hide the friggin bong will ya?
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 3:06 AM PST
    OK dude.....spoken in Cheech and Chong
  • g
    January 14, 2010 3:10 AM PST
    ur awf ur heeds guy's ,lol gid stuff .
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 3:19 AM PST
    You know mate I'm still working on your lingo, bu it sounds cool as aell when I try to read you stuff.
    Good day
    Dragon
  • g
    January 14, 2010 3:38 AM PST
    if u want my dear frend ,i can try it the english way ?,lol
  • g
    January 14, 2010 3:41 AM PST
    awf-off
    gid-good
    ur no -you are not
    min-man
    aye-yes
    bawbag-wanker
    if their is more ur no sure about, then just let me know ,lol
    • 19043 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:07 AM PST
    Hey Night Dragon, good story, you silver tongued devil you...
    Here is one about foreign accents.
    A good friend of mine spent two years in Japan, most of it at the bars in Tachikawa. He became very fluent in spoken Japanese which he learned from the bar girls. We noticed that whenever he spoke to people in Japanese they would often give him funny looks. One day a local Japanese guy I knew who worked at the NCO club heard him speak Japanese and asked me if he was gay. The light bulb went on..

I have another funny but true accent story about female British voices (which I find to be VERY sexy). But I'll save that for another day..
  • g
    January 14, 2010 4:18 AM PST
    must be english !
    • 844 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:20 AM PST
    y'all ur funny
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 4:24 AM PST
    Hey Governer what in bloody hell does y'all mean.

Dragon
    • 601 posts
    January 14, 2010 5:30 AM PST
    comere biy isdere sumtin ron wit you like biy
  • g
    January 14, 2010 5:36 AM PST
    no min ,im fine ,why u ask like .
  • g
    January 14, 2010 5:38 AM PST
    aye ,the irish is no to far away from the scottish .lol
  • January 14, 2010 5:40 AM PST
    All ya'll have way to much time on yer hands ..... c'mon spring LOL
  • g
    January 14, 2010 5:51 AM PST
    all ya'll ,?? WHAT ??
    • 601 posts
    January 14, 2010 5:55 AM PST
    Ni thigim cad ba cearr leis an cailin sin, ach ta si go h-ailinn.
    • 1780 posts
    January 14, 2010 5:57 AM PST
    rory1 what in bloody hell are ya talking about.
    Dragon
    • 601 posts
    January 14, 2010 6:00 AM PST
    rory1 wrote...
    Ni thigim cad ba cearr leis an cailin sin, ach ta si go h-ailinn.

Its Irish...... I cant understand what that girl is on about, but she is pretty...................no offence intented Chywolf

• g
    January 14, 2010 6:15 AM PST
    aye ok ,lol
    • 190 posts
    January 16, 2010 12:23 AM PST
    Im frum foity thoid n thoid avenoo myself.....Noo Yawk Citi!
    • 1780 posts
    January 16, 2010 1:19 AM PST
    SingSing wrote...
    Im frum foity thoid n thoid avenoo myself.....Noo Yawk Citi!

I had to read that twice before I understood what the heck you said.

Dragon
  • g
    January 16, 2010 1:21 AM PST
    ??
    • 190 posts
    January 16, 2010 5:30 AM PST
    Yeah G..thats translated is.."im from 43rd. Sytreet and Third Avenue in NYC. We really mangled the Queens English,huh..lol
  • g
    January 16, 2010 5:33 AM PST
    queens a fud .