picking up a fallen heavy bike

• November 7, 2013 7:35 AM PST

I'm a fan of Mixed Martial Arts, and I know HD is a big advertiser for the Ultimate Fighting championship. Last night the competitors on the Ultimate Fighter show went to see some HDs (An HD is one of the prizes for the show winners and their coach .)
    UFC Women's Champ Rhonda Rousey, one of coaches,  picked up a fallen Harley Davidson with proper technique and pretty good form after being shown how on last night's Ultimate Fighter show. If you didn't know how to do it, it was and is worth seeing.

• 5419 posts
    November 7, 2013 9:46 AM PST
    Yep everyone should know how to pick up there own motorcycle... and you don't have to be super strong to do it.

Here is a video on the proper technique ...

• November 7, 2013 11:57 AM PST
    Thanks for the video!
  • November 7, 2013 5:15 PM PST
    Yes! Good video!
    • 3006 posts
    November 8, 2013 10:05 AM PST
    great video,I have even seen this done by a lady with a heavier scoot on a lawn.
    I have used this technique myself 2 times after doing a parking lot dump.
    • 2 posts
    November 8, 2013 11:51 AM PST
    I've had to do this and I'm small. I have never done a lift from the other side though.
  • November 14, 2013 4:56 AM PST
    Good, Rose! I'm glad it worked for you. You might want to try it from the other side a couple of times in a controlled situation where you have help and are not frazzled by having just dropped your baby, so you'll have the confidence and ease of mind that you've done it before, and know what to expect...Oh, and while this video has the demonstration done by a girl, not every guy is Charles Atlas either, and might want to try the lifting technique on his loaded touring bike before hitting the road.
  • March 2, 2015 4:45 PM PST
    I've been wanting to learn how to do this for years, but being a guy, it was not in my DNA to actually ask someone. So thanks a lot for sharing.
  • March 3, 2015 3:44 AM PST
    I've just always found it difficult when I'm underneath it......
    • 3006 posts
    March 6, 2015 5:39 AM PST
    Lmao yeah that is one sorry position to be in !!!
    I bet Lucky has some experience w/that !!!)
    • 1855 posts
    March 6, 2015 11:52 PM PST
    When the adrenalin rush to get the bike up is redirected it becomes a good deal more difficult to pick up a touring bike. I dropped an ultra I had when pulling into a scenic lookout point in N. Carolina. Stopping perpendicular to an incline I simply fell over. When my passenger rolled out into the path of traffic the rush to get my bike up became secondary. After rescuing her and making sure she was o.k. my energy level dropped. The kickstand side of the bike was on the downhill side of the incline and I really needed the help of a couple of bystanders, though it took them a while to stop snickering at my predicament.