Why do I get e-mail notices....

• October 29, 2013 4:13 AM PDT
     Okay... So why do I get e-mails (aol) ie: notifications that so and so has sent me a message.. I log on to cyclefish and poof... no messages? This has happened several times now!! I know it's not my deoderant... Hell, I don't wear any!  I quit making those movies (film name Phillip Oliver Wholes), is there a glitch..?

trippin
    • 5420 posts
    October 29, 2013 4:54 AM PDT
    Well Trippin that normally happens because of spammers sending out spam messages to our users. As soon as we identify a spammer we delete there account and any spam messages they sent. However once the email notification has gone out, there is no way for us to pull that back. See this post -  Clearing Non-Existant Update Messages - to clear the notice that you have new updates once you log in.

We are constantly working on new ways to prevent the spam messages from ever occurring, but that is tough in an open system like ours where users can send private messages. since the messages are private our moderators and administrators have no way of knowing they are being sent. We typically rely on our users to report the spam and as soon as they do we handle it.

Again, we will constantly work on ways to prevent this from happening so our users are not inconvenienced.