09 Honda Rebel - trailer hitch and small trailer?

• September 19, 2013 7:43 PM PDT
    desperately trying to find a hitch that can mount to an 09 honda rebel, and of course a light weight trailer i can tow with a small bike. Its my work bike, I wash windows on highrises and need a affordable solution to carry my safety gear cleaning stuff and ropes around in.

it isnt much to carry in terms of my gear... but a honda rebel has absolutely no cargo options lol.

any links or ideas would be most appreciated.... especially the hitch, i think i know how it might mount the bike but not knowing if one actually exists keeps me from moving forward with my goal.

thanks guys

• 5420 posts
    September 20, 2013 4:13 AM PDT
    Well I am not sure if I would pull a trailer behind such a small bike, but if you keep it light enough the bike may pull it without too much difficulty.  However with such a light bike even a very light trailer with anything in it is going to weigh as much as the bike and is going to drastically effect the handling of the bike.

The lightest trailer I know of is a small little Utility Trailer from Harbor Freight - http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-capacity-78-inch-tag-along-trailer-66771.html />
    As for the hitch, I don't think you will find one for the Rebel simply because no one tows a trailer with it. 
  • September 20, 2013 5:41 AM PDT
    yeah, thats what I was thinking on the hitch part, might have to fabricate one myself.
    as for handling and power, i wouldnt be loading up the trailer too much, 75-100 llbs at most ... I was looking at the backpacker type I seen around on a site, not bad for $700 and looks light enough as it is about the same size as one I seen pulled behind a 250cc Roketa Eagle. I was suprised that kind of scooter had a tow package lol, but I imagine the hitch was custom fabricated.

I'll keep looking around and see what I can find out.

I ride slow anyway, I like to take my time and enjoy the ride so if anything I'll be going slow enough to compensate for the difference in handling and weight.

If anyone knows of a used Backpacker style trailer, send me their direction and I'll see what we can work out. I'm in Destin FL and don't mind a little trip for a good deal.

Thanks for the tips!