Interesting Maps

• 2 posts
    • 9 posts
    September 16, 2013 12:52 AM PDT
    Slightly weird. Mostly amusing. Gotta ask how one, comes across such things? Do you surf, when you're not ridin'?
    lol I'm spending less and less time on the computer, and not because I'm ridin'. Just too much daggone info to process, and after I heard a program called "The Digital Invasion", and talked to a few folks who spend a great deal of time on the computer (work & play)...I'm thinkin' I really don't need ANY help, losin' my cognizant abilities.
    Nature will take that away, all on it's own. WHY RUSH IT??? lmbo

Digital Invasion, The: How Technology Is Shaping You and Your Relationships by Dr. Archibald D. Hart and Dr. Sylvia Hart Frejd (Jun 15, 2013)

$14.99 $11.48 Paperback
    $9.99 Kindle Edition

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 5420 posts
    September 16, 2013 2:01 AM PDT
    some very interesting stuff there.
    • 1855 posts
    September 16, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Slightly weird. Mostly amusing. Gotta ask how one, comes across such things? Do you surf, when you're not ridin'?
    lol I'm spending less and less time on the computer, and not because I'm ridin'. Just too much daggone info to process, and after I heard a program called "The Digital Invasion", and talked to a few folks who spend a great deal of time on the computer (work & play)...I'm thinkin' I really don't need ANY help, losin' my cognizant abilities.
    Nature will take that away, all on it's own. WHY RUSH IT??? lmbo

Digital Invasion, The: How Technology Is Shaping You and Your Relationships by Dr. Archibald D. Hart and Dr. Sylvia Hart Frejd (Jun 15, 2013)

$14.99 $11.48 Paperback
    $9.99 Kindle Edition

Ride Free
    Tweek

I think I spent the last ten years at my job on the computer. As a commercial construction consultant I was reading, downloading, and organizing, and quoting, and processing all that info.  Developed a club website and did the same thing with that when not at work.   It did have an affect on my social skills, which were pretty much shitty in the first place....  But as for cognitive/cognizant abilities, reading is the primary tool for the develoment of both.  It's that process of trying to process all the crap which doesn't have anything to do with a normal person's existence.  Not that "bikers" are all that normal........but we're pretty easy to spot, eh? 

My computer use involves, CF, letstalkguild.com, my forum which I don't promote here, and a couple of email accounts.  Music and bike is about it for me on the web..  They both don't afford me much time or $$ for anything else.

Peace

• September 17, 2013 11:10 AM PDT
    To bad Pangea separated it would be cool to ride to Brazil or Australia from So. California
    • 2 posts
    September 17, 2013 1:19 PM PDT
    Tweek, I actually don't get on the computer that much but, I have friends that do. Many of them email things they think I would find interesting and sometimes I share them with others.
  • September 17, 2013 9:38 PM PDT
    If you live in New England, then this is the place to go to find maps of all the BEST roads! No shit. Check them out:
    http://www.newenglandriders.org />
    • 90 posts
    September 23, 2013 2:26 PM PDT
    I LIVE on the computer, I mean I do when I'm not welding, riding, working on my property, talking to my neighbors, coaching peewee football, or sleeping.
  • September 24, 2013 10:32 PM PDT
    mind boggling - now need to ride