Who Rides with Something Special on Thier Bike?

• 5419 posts
    September 9, 2013 3:14 AM PDT
    I noticed in another topic on ride bells several people mentioned something special they keep on their bike - Some for luck, some for memories.

I ride with a Bad To The Bone bandana tied around my handle bars.  It belonged to my last dog, Rocky.  Rocky wore the bandana from when he was a pup until he passed at 13 years old a few years back.  It was pretty worn out when he was done with it and even more worn now, but it is still there and every time I ride and it always reminds me of what a great friend he was.

Anyone else ride with something special on their bike.
    • 16798 posts
    September 9, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
    A USMC medallion, it keeps the bad guys away.
  • September 9, 2013 12:18 PM PDT
    First couple of years, I always had on me a small coin with a prayer my son had given me and a tiny angel a dear friend and former hard core biker chick gave me .....She told me when I started riding,"Don't forget to shower."
  • September 10, 2013 7:17 AM PDT
    I'm not sure when I started doing it but probably 25 plus years ago I started riding with Life savers candy in my pocket or handlebar bag. I won't ride without them now. Usually peppermint.
    • 5419 posts
    September 10, 2013 8:42 AM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    I'm not sure when I started doing it but probably 25 plus years ago I started riding with Life savers candy in my pocket or handlebar bag. I won't ride without them now. Usually peppermint.

All the times we have ridden together and never once did Ihere "Hey you want a Life Savor".  But you have said hey you want a shot, so I won't complain.

• 1 posts
    September 10, 2013 11:14 AM PDT
    My wife.
    • 3006 posts
    September 11, 2013 5:13 AM PDT
    Carry a bandana,made in america,purchased back in 08 @ Hollister rally in Ca, that is an american flag..Keep it folded up n ready to use for those times when I feel like showing my colors.
    Like today,I'll tie her off to my handlebars in memory of those who sacrificed everything defending freedom from tyranny & ignorance,for those who have laid down their lives for a greater good.
    May they all RIP & be forever remembered.
    • 5419 posts
    September 11, 2013 5:29 AM PDT
    Steven wrote...
    My wife.

Damn Steven, now you make all of us look bad for posting material stuff and not mentioning the wife

• 16798 posts
    September 11, 2013 6:10 AM PDT

• 1 posts
    September 11, 2013 7:50 AM PDT
    Well, I am sorry. but I did make some great big kudos.
    I have to confuse, she does not ride with me on the bike she rides her own.
    We all have riding trinkets, but when you have a riding partner like I have, she is that special something.
    We just got back from 2500 mile northeast bike-cation. At times it poured down the rain with high winds really miserable and dangerous riding and she didn't complain once. She managed her 1500cc bike all herself, very proud of her. A true biker in her own right. She is that special something.
    • 1855 posts
    September 11, 2013 10:34 AM PDT
    A 10 x 10 tarp rolled up behind my windshield. That first hail storm I rode through back in 1972 across S. Dakota sure opened my eyes. I also have a combat medic patch on the t-bag and combat medic decal on the windshield. I've yet to receive a ride bell on the new bike but I'm sure it'll show up soon. My other bikes have some pretty banged up bells I can tell ya that for sure.

Peace
    • 86 posts
    September 12, 2013 9:53 AM PDT
    For me just a ride bell given to me from my friend and neighbor as I arrived home with my new bike. At the time I had never heard the story or meaning of ride bells.
    • 81 posts
    September 15, 2013 1:09 PM PDT
    Almost always have a flag mounted to my rack.
    • 15 posts
    September 15, 2013 3:03 PM PDT
    Never leave the house without " OLD GLORY". Never. I keep spares for the times when something happens and on longer rides, carry a spare in the saddle bag. Plus, her name is on the windshield. I woulda said the wife, but I do leave home without her occasionally.
    • 844 posts
    September 16, 2013 1:46 PM PDT
    Have had a ride beel on every bike I have ever ridden. The one on the new bike is from the wife.