Holy! I hit a deer

• 314 posts
    August 24, 2013 11:25 PM PDT
    Yesterday morning going for a short ride and a doe jumped out, she kinda hesitated but still came on. Speed just changed from 30 to 45 there so i was going at least 40. My bike flipped and skid at least 25ft and deer skid at least 15, i only went a few inces! How lucky was i, both my back pockets are ripped but not torn through. Both my boots have skid marks on them. I am sore as h*ll, i hurt and have bruises that don't make sense.
    It amazes me that i hit a deer!!!
  • August 25, 2013 12:29 AM PDT
    glad to hear you are okay . hitting deer here in the mountains is a common event . hope it doesn't cost to much to fix your bike .
    • 5420 posts
    August 25, 2013 2:53 AM PDT
    Really glad you are okay! How is the bike and the deer?
    • 314 posts
    August 25, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
    Cop shot the deer, she was small so i Guess i was lucky, she looked pretty big running out.
    My bike first went down on right side so my pipes are scratched. The rest of the damaged is left side. My handle bars are demolished, my primary cover is pretty bad I guess my clutch lever and signal lights from and bag are broke. My tank is scratched and front fender and saddle bag. I am going into town to see it tomorrow morning. They won't look it till they talk to ins company
    • 3006 posts
    August 25, 2013 5:32 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear that you got hit,hope you heal up ok and the scoot isnt too badly damaged.Sounds like you dodged a bullet really,no road rash is a good thing!!!
    • 16825 posts
    August 25, 2013 5:57 AM PDT
    I'm glad you are just sore and not hurt more seriously.
    Our area is mostly wooded and white tails are all over the place.
    Hardly anyone has hit one with a bike locally after I got the word out that "deer whistles" really are a good idea.
    • 57 posts
    August 25, 2013 7:13 AM PDT
    Wow sorry to hear that,I've had two close calls this year myself,Rest up and hopefully the insurance company will make the bike look good as new.Take care and get your revenge in November
  • August 25, 2013 1:01 PM PDT
    Oh no,thats a dang tough way to make sure you have tenderized deer meat.Wish you had told the officer to pack that doe on ice to savor revenge one bite at a time.Praying you and your sweet ride heal and mend quickly.
  • August 26, 2013 1:20 AM PDT
    Glad you're OK gal. I hate it for your bike and the deer. Seems like there are more deer out there than used to be. Or maybe they don't have the places to go that they used to have. It's scary!
  • August 26, 2013 10:30 AM PDT
    glad your o.k. when is the barbecue?
    • 314 posts
    August 26, 2013 11:00 AM PDT
    I wish now I had some of that deer. My husband was more worried about getting bike towed. I am sure that deer was a mess in there
    • 1 posts
    August 26, 2013 2:34 PM PDT
    Glad you are okay... Have had a few scary encouters myself... my moto eat more venision.
    • 19034 posts
    August 27, 2013 1:40 AM PDT
    Oh Cap, that could have been a really bad day. Happy for the not too bad results.
    • 44 posts
    August 27, 2013 2:32 AM PDT
    Glad to hear your ok and the scoot can be fixed I have had a couple of close calls one I actually put my left hand on at 60 mph as I went by as he turend and ran beside me I pushed his head away then I found the nearest stop to clean myself
  • August 27, 2013 3:30 AM PDT
    Whoa! That was close...too close. It sucks but your bike can get fixed. I'm glad to hear you are ok.
    • 314 posts
    August 27, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
     Thanks all. I almost feel more sore today than I have. 
    I was lucky and know it. I went to see my bike yesterday. 
    Amazing! Glad I did not hang on because of the shape of handle bars
    • 314 posts
    August 27, 2013 4:22 AM PDT

• August 31, 2013 12:01 PM PDT
    OMG what was that bike.....looks like a Fat Boy, glad you are not badly hurt!
    Almost hit a Bear once in Arkansas so yea it can be scarry.
    Hope your back on the road soon
    Night Dragon
    • 314 posts
    September 1, 2013 12:25 AM PDT
    Its a Heritage softtail, i am a bit sore still but that is ok. Insurance still has not looked at my bike so i am kinda ticked about that but need to hold back
  • September 1, 2013 2:01 AM PDT
    Damn, Paula! I hate to hear that, but glad you are around to tell it. Makes the original scratch on the tank seem insignificant. I hope you and the bike mend quickly.
    • 1855 posts
    September 1, 2013 2:02 AM PDT
    paulawest wrote...
    Its a Heritage softtail, i am a bit sore still but that is ok. Insurance still has not looked at my bike so i am kinda ticked about that but need to hold back

From an ex-New Yorker.........the best offense is an aggressive offense.  Kick 'em in the arse.

Glad you're doing o.k. though

Peace
    • 314 posts
    September 1, 2013 2:32 AM PDT
    southernman67 wrote...
    Damn, Paula! I hate to hear that, but glad you are around to tell it. Makes the original scratch on the tank seem insignificant. I hope you and the bike mend quickly.

I know right, you should see the scratch i have now.

Jimmy i have sent 2 emails since Friday, they were going to be there Friday they said