Been there, "Got The T-Shirt"

• August 9, 2013 1:56 PM PDT
    Well I finally made it to the Dragon this year. All I can say about that area is "WOW!"

It is some of the most beautiful country I have ever had the pleasure to ride in.
    I only wish I had a bike cam. I did post a picture in my photo album on the board.

It was a long hard ride making it there the first day. The first day of my trip was around 450 miles.
    I had planned on hitting the road early in the morning so I could play more in the area.
    The early morning fog is really something. I had to delay the start of my day there for
    some hours just to let things clear up. If you every get a chance to head to the area be aware of the early morning fog there.

There was a fatality on the Dragon the day I was there. Someone else posted something on the board about that.

I met some very nice bikers while on the road. The bond bikers have for each other is strong.

The day I returned home was a little over 650 miles, so I spent a couple of days that were some
    long hours in the saddle.

Part of my return home leg was through the middle of Atlana, Georgia in a rain storm.
    Driving through Atlanta is no fun when it is clear weather. In a rain storm it is for the birds. (note to self - "Never Do That Again"

I was never so glad to hit an exit and get on some back roads.

All in all, I am a very thankful God gave me a safe journey back home. Now, where to next?

• 1 posts
    August 10, 2013 2:24 AM PDT
    421 north out of Boone up to Lexington... Just did it... more fun then the dragon and less people.
  • August 10, 2013 2:47 AM PDT
    Having been in the area now going on 8 months I have to agree with Bitchy, there are a lot of areas to ride that have less people on them than the Dragon, and every bit as nice to ride.
    Right now around here we are going through some crazy Rainy weather, the locals say there hasn't been this much rain since the 1920's. If you come here anytime soon "Bring a Rain Suit"!
    Be safe out there
    Night Dragon
    • 1 posts
    August 14, 2013 4:47 AM PDT
    if you think the Dragon is great check out "The Devil Triangle" not as long as the Dragon, but more radical curves and and switch backs. Look it up on Google or your web browser.
  • August 14, 2013 5:24 AM PDT
    I was riding the dragon on July 13th. One of the legs of the trip there that I enjoyed the most was my "Ocee to Tellico Plains Run" - ( Read more at http://bobbyshead.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-rides-map-has-been-updated.html ) Watch out for that surprise turn!!

My rule is "If you have to go through Atlanta, stay home."

• 1855 posts
    August 14, 2013 9:53 AM PDT
    "My rule is "If you have to go through Atlanta, stay home."

Got that right!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1 posts
    August 14, 2013 11:35 AM PDT
    Steven wrote...
    if you think the Dragon is great check out "The Devil Triangle" not as long as the Dragon, but more radical curves and and switch backs. Look it up on Google or your web browser.

Lots of great riding in that area... http://www.devilstriangletn.com/ />
    there is also a lot of great riding here in Georgia.  Yeah you want to stay out of the city of Atlanta, but less than an hopur away thewre are some great country roads.

• 79 posts
    August 14, 2013 3:48 PM PDT
    Been thru Atlanta too many times to count.The only way to do it is at 4:00 in the morning and most people don't like getting up that early.
    • 9 posts
    August 15, 2013 9:43 AM PDT
    I Could tell ya about my experience with Atlanta...I could.  But, I won't.  Suffice it to say, good times CAN be had there, but you'd HAVE to know some of the "locals", and you'd have to park the bike.  It's not what I would term, a "biker friendly" venue, unless you got a pack watchin' your back.

That bein' said.  I LOVE THE DRAGON.  So awesome.  Sorry to hear about the fatality, Geezer, but it's happenin' more and more.

They just passed a law, here in FLORIDA a month ago, BANNING, texting and drivin'.  Guess how many times a day, that law gets blown off.
    OR...how many people are actually pulled for it???

Hell, I even saw a couple of COPS, doing it.  REALLY???  Way to inspire, there, lawman.
    If other folks saw what I saw, it ain't no wonder nobody is payin' any attention, to that new law.  Why should they?

It's gettin' scary out there, folks.  And YOUR BEST PROTECTION, is DEFENSIVE RIDIN'.  AGGRESSIVELY, DEFENSIVE.  Know what I mean?
    CCW, baseball bat, CHAIN TOY....whatever.  The only way John Q, is gonna pay attention, is when he gets the livin' S**T, kicked outta himself or his ride...feel me???

I may be a "preacher/pastor/minister...but I ain't above, the "ROD OF CORRECTION".  

Like this guy...
     http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/General_News/Video-Angry-driver-slams-biker-20120327 />
    Be CAREFUL OUT THERE...

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 16, 2013 2:05 AM PDT
    Come on Tweek tell us what you really think.....LOL
    Tweek is right the cages will not look for you...so you have to look out for the cages, especially in a tourist town!
    I have seen cars in Pigeon Forge cut across three lanes of traffic right in front of me to reach "Uncle Bobs souvenirs"
    Now I know that bar of Smokey Mountain Lye soap was worth someones life.

Be safe out there
    ND