News from the Tail of the Dragon

• August 5, 2013 12:55 AM PDT
    Just heard on the news, yesterday a Biker was killed on the Tail of the Dragon. The rider I believe was from Georgia.
    If you have plans to ride the Dragon please understand that ride is for more advanced riders, and even at that a lot of care must be taken. The very first time I rode it I witinessness a sports car go over the side. It happens all the time. People override there skills and ability.
    It's a fun ride, just be safe and don't let people behind you try to push you past your ability.

Be safe out there

Night Dragon
    • 5420 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:06 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about the rider that was killed. But you are right that there are certain roads that need to be highy respected. We have a couple out here - Ortega Hwy and almost all the roads in the Santa Monica Mountains that we hear about at least one motorcycle accident every weekend.

Be careful out there people and don't ride anything above your skill level. If there are roads you really want to ride... keep on riding and learning until you are ready... the roads ain't going nowhere.
  • August 9, 2013 2:01 PM PDT
    That happened the day I was there. So very sad. My heart goes to the family.

• 79 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:34 PM PDT
    We are going sept. 6 and 7.Taking our wives for the first time.Going to do a slow ride with them and drop them at deals gap for lunch and a beer while we go thru it twice at a faster pace.Should be a good time
    • 1 posts
    August 14, 2013 4:36 AM PDT
    Best time of day to ride the Dragon for me and my wife, that is, about 7AM or so, very little traffic and what traffic there was, was slow as we were. Tail of the Dragon is great place to ride, but not worth dying over. God Bless the family that lost the Biker.