Conceal and Carry and Motorcycles

• 611 posts
    July 26, 2013 4:59 AM PDT
    Yep... Always have, always will. Concealed means concealed. Carry in a bar? Big-Time-Fine and possible jail and revoke yer permit. So, make sure it don't fall out! Gun Check at the front door? I'm sure I'm not the only one with more than one pistol, heheh...
    With all that said, carrying is a huge responsibility. If someone has to discharge their weapon, they have to consider so many things in a very short time... Firing a pistol in a packed room is NOT a great idea. You could end up killing someone with the very bullet that punches thru the perp. Even if the shooter goes down clean (it's still very ugly), you will be charged for carry in a prohibited place, possible time and revoke license and felony on your record.
    It is not a choice I ever want to face again. This ain't TV, nobody yells "CUT", people don't get up off the floor and laugh and the vision of what happens stays with you for the rest of your life.
    If you choose to carry, choose very carefully and use it only if your life (or another's) is in imminent danger... and then, only if it's the ONLY option.
    Edge 'Concealed' Walker
    • 44 posts
    July 26, 2013 7:12 AM PDT
    Very well said Edge and it's takes allot of thinking in a short amount of the the question one always has to ask them self "should the time ever come can I pull the trigger"? If you have. To even think about the answer you need not carry!
  • July 26, 2013 10:03 AM PDT
    I carry all the time and never leave home without it....as I possess the proper credentials to do so but if I encounter and establishment that prohibits me and wants to disarm me I walk away and spend my money elsewhere....every law abiding American should be armed (and that's coming from a 37-year LE veteran)....
    • 611 posts
    July 26, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
    speedyre wrote...
    Very well said Edge and it's takes allot of thinking in a short amount of the the question one always has to ask them self "should the time ever come can I pull the trigger"? If you have. To even think about the answer you need not carry!

In the heat of the moment, when your life (or someone else) is endanger... The Hammer Falls.
    It's living with it afterwards that is sometimes the really hard part. It affects you like nothing else you have ever done. Justified or not, it is still the one thing that never lets you go. Will I do it again, when my life is on the line? Yes... and I will pay that price again. As all who have done so. Only they know what it is like. Your life is forever changed...
    Edge "HumbleMan" Walker

• July 30, 2013 4:15 AM PDT
    Well this is how I roll in Tennessee. Tenn is an OPEN CARRY state and that is exactly what I do. If a place does not have a sign on the front door letting you know no guns (and I have not seen one yet) then I carry OPEN. Now Bars, there is a couple of bars I've been in BUT when I carry I only drink Ice Tea. So if I plan on getting on the bike and feel I will probably stop for a drink somewhere I leave the 45 at home.

Night Dragon