wheres the Indian section in the garage ?

• May 26, 2013 10:50 AM PDT
    notice there was no indian section in the garge talk . was woundering why ? they been around since 1901 , took a break for a couple decades but have been back since 1999 . so wheres the indian section .?
    • 5420 posts
    May 27, 2013 7:41 AM PDT
    We add categories as needed. We have a category for American (non-Harley) which Indian would fit in. Once we see a number of specific posts in any category, we create one and move the posts. Right now I don't see any entries for Indian in there, so there is no need to create a category for it.

So if you have a garage related question for an Indian, feel free to post it in that category.  If we get a number related to Indians, we will certainly create a category for them.
  • June 3, 2013 12:46 PM PDT
    cool , gues i need to get people talking then .
  • June 3, 2013 2:04 PM PDT
    Apparently there were reservations on starting an Indian section
  • June 4, 2013 1:27 AM PDT
    When Indian went belly up, they never did come back! Buying a name to slap on your tins does not make it an Indian.... Even if your main market is snowmobiles and ATV's

Trippin
  • June 4, 2013 4:36 AM PDT
    The Polaris Indians may not be true Indians by just purchasing the name, but they are still looking sweet. If they hold onto the rights long enough, they may become the spiritual descendants of the originals. There will be people who hate them just to hate them however.

Polaris's Victory bikes are not my bag, but they really seem to try and put out a good product for their customers and I respect that. I'm not completely sold on the new Indian (but sure wouldn't turn one down) but if Polaris can make it work for the long haul, it'd be awesome to see a lot more classic styling on the road.
  • June 4, 2013 8:56 AM PDT
    They turned me against them with their marketing method of belittling Harley Davidson in the magazine advertisements! No manf. Should do that to any bike....no matter what the marque.

Trippin
  • June 4, 2013 1:45 PM PDT
    Oh, I haven't seen the ads. Haven't been doing a lot of reading lately
    • 846 posts
    June 5, 2013 4:50 AM PDT
    They do know the market they need to get into. I'm not fond of the ads I've seen so far.

The company I work for has always had competitors that poked at us directly. We have so far (and we've been told) taken the high road and not got into lowering our standards to poke back and were still around when other are not.

I sure hope the motor company takes the same path. It does say a lot about the company in how they market and respond to attach ads.
    • 3006 posts
    June 5, 2013 5:50 AM PDT
    I would love to own onecause if I did it would prolly mean I had some serious BLING!!! lmao
    have you heard the term sticker shock?!?!? Polaris has priced them into the Harley CVO category of scooters.

Both are fine examples of american engineering,and isnt that what the consumers want?? Great choices & quality workmanship?? I think I do.

As for OP's post I say its a good idea,once enough Indian riders start posting more topics.
  • June 5, 2013 11:05 AM PDT
    Actually blurple, they are priced alot cheaper than the CVO..! I believe the new chief with the 111 power plant will be priced @ 19K. But not all of the new Injuns will have that motor!
    • 3006 posts
    June 6, 2013 4:48 AM PDT
    My mistake then I realized I was refering to last years model pricing that I saw posted in online article.
    @ 19 g's it would be considerably cheaper.

Though if I had the $$$, prolly would go for the gusto n get a custom,one guy I knew spent 75 g's on his.
    Purchased it from a local builder,Ron Simms he does some really nice work.Has a showroom locally.
  • September 26, 2013 2:16 PM PDT
    atcually trippin , all the new indians do have that motor . polaris has gone above and beyond on designing the 2014 indian from ground up . with the exception of the chieftain , the bikes are the same basic design . with the vintage have the leather bags windshield and engine guard as standard equipment . the chieftain is 2 inches shorter than the others , with hard bags and fairing . same engines and drive train and set up . by far one of the best rideing cruiser / touring bikes i have riden in years .