Finance, not politics

• 1855 posts
    May 19, 2013 7:45 AM PDT
    Get rid of the IRS NOW!!  Pass any kind of tax reform; sales, flat, consumption or anything.  Work out the details later but get the SS Gestapo IRS out of our lives.

Peace
    • 611 posts
    May 19, 2013 8:58 AM PDT
    Agreed. Our great nation has to be financed somehow but the IRS is NOT the way to do it. jmo, of course!
    The Fair Tax folks have some good ideas but an uphill battle to get enacted. Read about it and then write letters/emails to your representatives...
    Edge "FlatTax' Walker
    • 48 posts
    May 19, 2013 9:33 AM PDT
    Second the motion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're not only a bloated, rogue, intrusive "agency" but in my opinion illegal in their existence period. There are no "profits from my labor", I work 10 hours a day, I get paid for 10 hours. I have never been paid with "coined income". Both are taxable per our constitution, neither exist. Agreed, we need to be taxed for the rest of the bloated, rogue, government agencies to function....but we don't need the gestapo (well put Jimmy) in charge of collection/enforcement/violating folks basic rights. Privatize the "collector" of the new FLAT TAX !!!!! No returns/refunds/payments due at end of year. Flat tax us all at the same rate....done deal.
    • 9 posts
    May 19, 2013 10:18 AM PDT
    Seems like a good time to share this...

http://youtu.be/jeYscnFpEyA />

Tip of the Iceberg, folks. The IRS ain't the only one's we need to worry about...

Ride Free
    Tweek

Sorry, can't seem to "imbed" this url.
    copy & paste, it's worth it...
    • 1 posts
    May 19, 2013 11:11 AM PDT
    How is your infrastructure funded, or doesn't that kinda of stuff seem very important. The USA will become great once more when the I's become US again.
    • 2 posts
    May 19, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
    The horrors that I have been thru w/ the IRS would fill volumes. In the end I always won but am positive the hours wasted and the aggravations have shortened my lifespan.

HOWEVER.

We are looking for a mechanical solution to an ethical problem. - The things they do are just morally wrong. - People who abuse a trust under one set of rules will figure out how to to the same under new rules.
    • 1855 posts
    May 20, 2013 1:37 AM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    How is your infrastructure funded, or doesn't that kinda of stuff seem very important. The USA will become great once more when the I's become US again.

Geesh dude, I'm not sure what or if you're implying.  We all know our infrastructure needs tax funds to work.  But our infrastructure grows at such an alarming and unsustainable rate that one day in the not too distant future, 75% of our income will go to the government. (California and New York are prime examples of a tax burden that's driving people out.)  How it affects "us" is going to depend on what the "I" does about it.  And the reason we put reps in gov't is to stand up for us and protect us from the Gestapo; whatever form that takes.

It's not easy for 'hard working American Patriots' to do it on their own because we've been too busy being "hard working", taking care of our family, supporting our country (gov't), trusting our gov't. If I steal from our gov't I will go to jail.  If an agency of our gov't steals from me, lower echelon employees get blamed and the bosses didn't know anything about it.  We need to dismantle the IRS.

Peace