I sold a story!

• 611 posts
    May 17, 2013 5:39 PM PDT
    Well friends, a fine online/print publication bought a story from me.
    It will be published in the June edition and I think it will be carried to all their mags and websites so go there and read it! 
    Of course, some of you willl have read "The Never Ending Beltsander" that I put on here some while back but it will be the first time in print... and they PAID me for it! HAHAhahahahahaaaaa.... YES!

I haven't checked with Lucky or his Admins about posting their web address but I think it is a rockin' mag! Started by a rider and his wife, they are starting to get ads and sponsers, so here it is:

http://quickthrottle.com/quick-throttle-magazine-northwest-edition-may-2013/ />

Edge "WritingMan" Walker
    • 314 posts
    May 17, 2013 10:26 PM PDT
    That is great, Congratulations! Hope you sell many more
    • 1855 posts
    May 17, 2013 11:14 PM PDT
    I was wondering about that EW; you having been published. It's long overdue in my opinion. Congrats.

Peace
    • 11 posts
    May 17, 2013 11:16 PM PDT
    Thoroughly enjoy the stories, Edge...keep them a comin'
    • 19007 posts
    May 18, 2013 2:34 AM PDT
    Congrats Edge...Super Cool!
    • 3006 posts
    May 18, 2013 8:59 AM PDT
    YAY !!! Right -Expletive- ON !!! About time a person who can actually pen a realistic story about folks who love riding motorcyclesgets recognition & the cash wont hurt either LOL remember your cyclefish buds when you make your 1st bazillion bucks on the book & movie rights!!!
    • 24 posts
    May 19, 2013 8:12 AM PDT
     Congratulations, that is GREAT news!!!

• 611 posts
    May 19, 2013 8:21 AM PDT
    Thanx for all the kind, encouraging words. This is my second story to be sold, the first was 'Desert Crawler' in Biker magazine (a Paisano Publication that brings us Easyriders). December 2011... and then they merged with Easyriders and they no longer print biker fiction... dammit!
    Finding a venue to sell biker fiction, esp 1%, is a daunting task. Any suggestions would be welcomed! I am working on my 'Writing Style' to be a little more broadly appealing to the 'Market'... We shall see how it PANS out... get it? Pans? ohnevermind...
    "Keep those cards and letters comin in folks..."
    Edge "Humble" Walker
    • 1 posts
    May 23, 2013 6:28 AM PDT
    Hey Edge..congrats man..you are now a professional writer like me...I got paid a grand total of 56 bucks for a few pieces..can't make a living outa it..but being paid sure feels great. Keep it up mate.

Oh and if you can get a book together even just short stories..amazon can put itout for ya..I buy kindle books now cheap as chips.
  • May 23, 2013 11:21 AM PDT
    Way to go Edge. I don't write, but I love to read and appreciate your talent. Good luck!!!
    • 2 posts
    May 23, 2013 12:03 PM PDT
    Well done.
    • 9 posts
    May 24, 2013 3:37 PM PDT
    Imagine that...

Altho, I really didn't have to, for too long. YOU, are such an engaging story-teller, this was by no stretch of
    the imagination, out of the realm of possibility. Kudos, BROTHER. You're doin', what some of us
    don't have the kahones to even try...

Way to GO EDGEWALKER. On the edge, and WALKIN' it OUT!!!

Yup! I always knew, you had it. Now...so do they. Huh?

Ride Free
    Tweek