Blast from the Past!

• 11 posts
    April 20, 2013 12:31 PM PDT

Wow, there for a minute... Lucky, I thought you had added/built  sound effects into this great website...I live at the end of a long dirt farm road & in some places  there is still somelight  gravel.  It is  private road and i live alone, so, when anyone comes up, my dog, Thor (the best farm dog that God ever made) and I are at alert. All my chicks were headed down towards their coop, but they did cackle at the sound that i heard, too;
    Well,  I had  just walked in from gardening ( for a couple hrs.) & wearing muddy gardening clothes &  was a relaxin' with a tall glass of well water...cruisin' this site when all of sudden I hear a bike very loud & clear, as in my front yard/drive.  I ignored it at first & then thought, I had better investigate this. I walked out onto my front porch & Low & behold a beautiful red bike a  sittin' in my  yard/drive & not a soul to be seen.  An old (well you know what I mean) highschool  & elementary school classmate comes out from behind a huge hydragena bush & I said, "kevin?"  It was Kevin. Oh well, of course, I invited him in to sit & cruise this site while I ran for heavyweight riding jeans, boots, helmet & leather jacket (It was only a high of 64 here, today) & Oh, well, such a surprise & a great way to end  this lovely  day (after sitting in statewide business meetings all day)

• April 20, 2013 12:54 PM PDT
    Great post and sounds like you had to pinch yourself to check and see if you were awake.Happy to hear you enjoyed the same great riding weather we enjoyed here today.
    • 11 posts
    April 20, 2013 1:02 PM PDT
    BlacktopGypsy,
    You've got that right! oKay, now for feeding myself & my bestest/beast of a dog, Thor!
  • April 20, 2013 1:08 PM PDT
    Really nice post there Tanzan, I wonder what he was doing behind the hydragena bushes as you came out to investigate? I can just imagine. Glad to hear you finally got out for a ride after chatting with you a lot about how much you have missed it.
    • 3006 posts
    April 20, 2013 1:34 PM PDT
    LOL good postseeing old friends is a great way to spend a day. Glad to hear you had a fun time.
    Its never too late to hook up with old friends who bring back good memories.Riding in the 60's is definitely the norm around the bay area,since the average temps are 63' year round.
    • 19040 posts
    April 21, 2013 1:46 AM PDT
    COOL!
    • 1 posts
    April 21, 2013 2:32 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing. I love running into , or having old friends I haven't seen for a while. For you you got twice the joy, cause you got to see an ol friend and go riding!
    • 611 posts
    April 21, 2013 7:52 AM PDT
    Thanx for the share... shoulda had your shotgun and hollered "Hey! Quit peeing in my bushes!" heheh...
    Glad ya saw an old friend, had a ride and enjoyed the day.
  • April 21, 2013 12:16 PM PDT
    cool its always nice to get a unexpected ride :-)
    • 24 posts
    April 23, 2013 12:46 PM PDT
    Your post really made me smile. Sounds like home.  We live off a dirt and gravel road with horses, a dog and two cats. Chickens to come 

Glad you had a good time and a good ride.
    • 11 posts
    April 23, 2013 2:22 PM PDT
    gypsyesque wrote...
    Your post really made me smile. Sounds like home.  We live off a dirt and gravel road with horses, a dog and two cats. Chickens to come 

Glad you had a good time and a good ride.

Gypsyesque, And, I was raised riding horses since age 3 yrs., and have been w/out any here, now for almsot one year. I inherited more land & have been putting up fence on the new property line & then horses will be back. Grass fed steers, too. Yep, 2 cats here, too. Probalby, will get 2 goats (does) in a couple months to help eat down the briars/weeds. I used to just close the gate over the main dirt/gravel road (if my uncle didn't need to use the road as access to 'back 40' that day & my home then is in the middle of all the animals, and they can eat & graze all over. I only do this when I'm here & outside, so I can keep the horses out of the garden
    • 11 posts
    May 5, 2013 10:10 AM PDT
    Hear ye! Hear ye!
    The Horses are back, all quarter horses & all mares! These girls are beautiful! Almost have my farm all the way back now; however, I will forgo the pigs. I'll be bringing a couple goats & steers on my farm, within the next 4 months.
    • 3006 posts
    May 6, 2013 4:06 AM PDT
    LOL congrats on recent acquisitionsAlways wanted to live on a farm or a ranch.
    Love horses always have,and used to ride a lot when I was growing up.
    The goats are good idea especially in areas where ya want to whack down the weeds