Speaking of bonds with Pets

• 1855 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:28 AM PDT
    Today we had to put down our cat of 12 years.  P.A. (aka Pissant) normally got allergy shots every year.  We took him in this morning because since we got back from Pigeon Forge we noticed that he hadn't been eating or even drinking nor using his litter box.  He would just sit and stare at the floor, a food dish, a wall.  The Vet said he was too sick to guarantee that any medical attention would do any good.  Apparently it was liver and kidney failure accompanied by or a symptom of a physiological condition; i.e. tumor.  He's been a good cat.  I found him in an old barn all alone when he was just days old.   I bottle fed him for weeks.  He grew up a nasty little bugger; hence the name Pissant.  He was a bit more amiable when we neutered him but he still let people know if he didn't like 'em.  He was like a dog in that respect.  Hell, even our dog, Sasha, watched her step. Sasha was a rescue dog I got within just a couple of weeks of finding P.A.   The two of 'em were a real hoot growing up together.

Anyway, P.A. is gone.  It is what it is though I wish it weren't. The dog is pacing the floor.  And I swear I saw a frkn mouse run under the fridge.  

photo PAinBaf.jpg
    • 5420 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:33 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your cat Jimmy. I know pets become real close to us and loosing them is tough. Hang in there brother.

As Steve McCroskey (Lloyd Bridges) would say... "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking"

(hope you don't mind a little humor to bring you up a bit)
    • 16855 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:37 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your cat.
    I have always had dogs, I still remember them all fondly, and miss each one.
  • March 26, 2013 9:28 AM PDT
    Sorry for the loss of your cat. It really is hard losing our loved ones after they have given us so much love and joy. After a while it does make you feel better to find another friend at the pound or humane society.
    • 1516 posts
    March 26, 2013 9:52 AM PDT
    So sorry about Pissant.. Animals can be as close to us as our kids.... guess it is time to rescue yet another animal in need.
    • 314 posts
    March 26, 2013 10:51 AM PDT
    Sorry
    • 9 posts
    March 27, 2013 1:05 AM PDT
    I'm so sorry, Jimmy! It was about this time a year ago, I had to bury Midnite, my cat. He was my best friend, who was with me, when the S**T hit the fan on my last relationship. It was heart-wrenching to lose, someone else I loved so much!!! I know your pain. I don't care what anyone else might say, but I'm with DJ on this, animals ARE family. And they are as much a part of us, as anyone else. Sometimes more. Consider those, who by death or no choice, are mostly alone in the world. And how that one animal in their live's, keeps them from dying a lonely death.

Pets are people, too! Remember that bumper sticker?

Ah well. Sorry Jimmy.
    Didn't mean to ramble. This obviously is somethin' I'm passionate about...

Ride Free
    Tweek