Thanks

• 24 posts
    March 17, 2013 1:40 PM PDT
    So about 10 days ago I posted about 'humiliation' and the fact that I failed the MSP for the second time around.

Well,guess what?

I took it again this weekend and passed with almost flying colors!  U-turns in small spaces are still a bit of a problem, but I CAN DO IT!  
    And

I just want to say thanks to the folks who posted their tips and encouragement when I was so discouraged.  It really helped!  I only used the rear break and kept my eye on the turn... I still strayed outside the lines but it was nowhere near the disaster it was a couple of weeks ago.  
    And the rest of the stuff--I don't think I had any points knocked off of anything.  It was a breeze!
    I'm so frickin' happy right now!

• 44 posts
    March 17, 2013 1:55 PM PDT
    Congrats Ride Safe
    • 1161 posts
    March 17, 2013 2:48 PM PDT
    Congrats! Just remember to keep practicing even tho you finished the course it will help keep you sharp and get better as a rider. Welcome to the biker community!
  • March 17, 2013 2:52 PM PDT
    Hi five and happy dance for you, congrats for pushing through. I also originally failed due to the box.I was so mad and upset I cried.My all time hate list is a u turn on a one lane country crowned road with no shoulders but over grown ditches that you can't even guess how deep or how many broken beer bottles are hiding in the weeds in case you veer off course.Believe me when I say I'll gladly ride on until I find a safe place to do a u turn.
    • 16831 posts
    March 17, 2013 3:55 PM PDT
    Good for you. :-)
    You never stop learning when you ride, no matter how long you ride, stay alert and stay alive.
  • March 17, 2013 4:18 PM PDT

I knew you could/would...!
    • 1780 posts
    March 18, 2013 12:44 AM PDT
    Hell yea...now THAT'S what I'm talking about........,.Congrats, keep up the pratice however.
    • 314 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:18 AM PDT
    That is great, good for you!
    • 1364 posts
    March 18, 2013 2:18 AM PDT
    Yahooooo , Good Job
    • 3006 posts
    March 18, 2013 3:27 AM PDT
    Love good news!!! this would qualify !!!
    Glad you have conquered the course n came thru with flying colors!!!

stay safe n enjoy the ride !!!
    • 846 posts
    March 18, 2013 4:29 AM PDT
    Congras and welcome to the world of two wheels. See there nothing you can't do with a little determination.
    • 5420 posts
    March 18, 2013 5:53 AM PDT
    Way to go Gina! Just don't forget to keep practicing so you can get completely comfortable riding!

Enjoy the ride and be safe!!!
    • 2 posts
    March 18, 2013 1:10 PM PDT
    Well done Lassie, knew you cold.

Like about most everybody has been saying "keep practicing".

After 50 years, last year managed to blunder on another "trick" that am still working on.
    When stopping put your left foot ONLY down, so that the right foot remains available for braking and you are not tempted to grab the front brake.
  • March 18, 2013 3:36 PM PDT
    Way to stick with it!

I kept my motorcycle endorsement on my license for over 27 years, knowing I would ride again - so I didn't have to take the course. But the first nice day - I'm headed to big empty parking lot to relearn my low speed maneuvers.
    • 9 posts
    March 21, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
    Knew you could. Never doubted it.

Ride Free
    Tweek