Working on it

• 1855 posts
    March 15, 2013 2:22 PM PDT
    I've decided that Ohio's weather just isn't gonna cut it anymore.   As soon as Gypsy and I get back from our little cabin vacation we're gonna start getting rid of stuff, putting it in storage or whatever it takes so we can sell the house before the end of 2013.  We're moving to Alabama; down near a place called Lillian on Perdido Bay less than 10 miles from Pensacola. We're selling the house whether  we have a new home or not.  I've got a buddy we can stay with until we find a place.  4 bedrooms and two baths and he lives alone.....we've been invited.  It's great to have friends but he's like me and that means I won't be hangin around moochin' off the brother.  I gotta have my own place so I can walk around naked ya know.  

Buy?  Rent?  Not into condos and definitely can't afford anything waterfront so something small in the back country would mean "buy" unless we get lucky......real lucky.

So, just thought I'd let ya all know what we'll be doing when we're not in the wind.  And if anyone is looking to move to Ohio (God help ya), I've got a place for sale for under 100k.  Take a look at my photos in a few days or so for some pics of the place if'n yer interested.

Kenny, I'll be giving you a call after we get settled in at the cabin. 

Peace
  • March 15, 2013 4:49 PM PDT
    Good luck and Happy Trails.
    • 1780 posts
    March 15, 2013 11:29 PM PDT
    Let me tell ya sometimes a hard move is good for the soul.
    Best of luck
    Dragon
    • 3006 posts
    March 16, 2013 4:31 AM PDT
    Hope all goes smoothly with the move!
    Looks like you have a great area picked out.
    Alabama is on my bucket list
    • 844 posts
    March 16, 2013 4:37 AM PDT
    Alabama is a great place to live. Best of luck to you and the misses!
  • March 16, 2013 2:55 PM PDT
    Jimmy if you can twist my only kids arm, who only God knows why he is living in Ohio.....to take his 52 foot semi trailer and pack your remaining items and point that rig southbound.....He lives in West Union and hauls loads out of Washington Courthouse about 300 mile radius.Somebody has to drag that youngin' out of there alive.
    • 80 posts
    March 17, 2013 3:13 AM PDT
    The weather in VA sucks as bad as Ohio this year. Tired of commonwealth tax ripoff. Going to SC next month to relocate. Will also be in the AL during the summer to visit my son. Will try to meet up with you before summer is over. When you get settled, send me a kite with location/contact info.
  • March 18, 2013 3:04 AM PDT
    Jimmy, I am about 80 or so miles from there in Gautier, MS. You're gonna love the gulf coast! We've had a few cool days, but nothing that would keep ya from ridin'! Good luck with the move, and start practicing your "Roll Tide".
    • 1855 posts
    April 6, 2013 5:22 AM PDT
    We're headed down to Alabama next week to speak with some realtors as we've seen a few places on line that we're interested in.  We've started on prepping the house for the sale since the weather has broken.  Sanding and refinishing the wood floors; ya gotta spend a little to make a little.  The wood shed is cleaned since the last of our firewood is in the garage. A tiny touch up to the land scapeing is on the agenda. And that new driveway we put in back in Sept. really adds to the curb appeal.  Our 2005 Chrysler Crossfire is for sale; actually built the same as a Mercedes 320 SK with a fiberglass body built in Canada.  It has 39K miles on it.  I want $14.5 for it. It's a cool car but not really something we need. 

photo 100_1560.jpg

I'll also be selling my 2005 F250 Ford truck (82K miles) since I'm really not going to need it in Alabama.  I love the truck but the move is more important.  I'm asking $15,000 for it. Gypsy doesn't want to sell it but she knows we have to if we want to get out of here. It doesn't seem to matter that our credit rating is above 800, banks are still wanting 20% down for a home loan.  So, the extra cash will be a good thing because I'm not going to realize a whole heck of a lot from the sale of our home. 

photo 250ford-1.jpg

It's possible that I'm asking too much for every thing; I don't know.  But I have to start somewhere.  Now that we're moving I've got people crawling out of the wood work to buy my '98 FXDWG which I do NOT intend to sell.  Still, intentions are one thing and money talks is another. 

Thanks for letting me ramble folks.  I'm just excited and I'm so hoping to make this all work.

Have a great day.
    Peace
    • 19034 posts
    April 7, 2013 8:39 AM PDT
    Great Big Step there Jimmy & Gypsy. Kudos and best of luck, although you all seem to have your heads on dtraight so luck won't play the biggest part.
  • April 7, 2013 11:25 AM PDT
    Good luck with the move! I am looking at moving from Texas over to North Carolina.... Man the summers here suck! Would like someplace with all 4 seasons but nothing extreme in either one. Will miss being able to ride through the winter though! Always makes it pucker when making a big change.
    • 1855 posts
    April 7, 2013 2:07 PM PDT
    We thought of moving to N. Carolina. Ridden there so much we know it like the back of our hand. Just like east TN. it's absolutely breath taking. It's just too touristy for us, whereas Alabama is more a gateway to Florida. Good luck to ya Trippin. I think you'll enjoy n. Carolina. Haven't heard from night rider since we were last in the Smokey Mtn. I know his move from Texas to Pigeon Forge has been a good one for him.

Peace