Not the season, not the right reason...

• 9 posts
    March 13, 2013 11:13 AM PDT
     Damn, it's too cold here in North Florida.  Can't imagine Daytona is much warmer.  So..if I had to miss one, this one will be it.

I don't like:
    ridin' in the COLD, never have.  Call me every name you can think of...I can take it.  What I can't take anymore is feelin' a knife between my shoulder blades when I ride.  Or a too damn tight and cumbersome jacket, or a do-rag rapped around my face, cause of the freakin' cold.  Forget the nose-pickers, this is gauntlet glove weather.  And put on the "woolies" and the chaps. You're gonna need 'em.

All that shit, takes the joy, right outta the ride!  Feel me?

And I've NEVER seen so many helmuts, in my life.  Florida repealed the helmut law, so WTF???
    I take that to mean, no ONE ELSE is enjoyin' all this chilly weather, either...

Made enough to go down tonite.  Still ponderin' it.  But...it's goin' down to forty degrees, and on a HONDA...I just don't know.
    I'm bout to ask if the offer still stands, tho.  Cause I AM A DIE-HARD kinda woman.  We'll see.  
    The lady in question, may feel diffr'nt when she see's me in full ridin' COLD WEATHER GEAR...lol
     (Slightly CRAZED bank robber, comes to mind...lol)

I hate the cold.  I hate not havin' my own bike, I hate borrowing anything...('specially a honda)
    But..KNEES IS KNEES...
    When they're in the BREEZE!

Ride Free
    Tweek

• March 13, 2013 2:19 PM PDT
    I know I felt like I was in a straight jacket Sunday morning riding in full gear.....yes, it was in the forties and the wind blew a constant 30 all day.....Ten miles after leaving the house, I knew I was crazy.....but I sucked it up and rode all day....This weekend is pay back time with highs in the 80's.....oh yeah
    • 1161 posts
    March 13, 2013 4:37 PM PDT
    Nothing wrong with a Honda, but if I had something else to ride I would as well. Haha. Ya it takes some of the fun out of it having to bundle up but it is better then loosing limbs or digets.
    • 846 posts
    March 14, 2013 5:31 AM PDT
    Being in New England and if you try to get in as much riding as you can, you'll have ridden on a cold morning or day. I agree wrapping yourself up like a mommy is not fun but being in the wind is still worth it. For me I've been frozen to the core a few times and its like a vacuum (you fill in the correct word). If I can avoid that, which for me means wearing the right clothes (sometime not the brightest bulb in the box) it not a big deal. Its not the face with me I wear a half helmet (Mass law) and it's never been my face (beard helps). Its my knees if they get too cold they lock up. There have been a few morning I've joked with my co-worker one of you may need to come out to the parking lot to get me off my bike. As i look out the window the snow is receding and I would welcome those cold morning to come when I'm back on two wheels.
  • March 14, 2013 6:23 AM PDT
    yep, up here we take advantage of anything over 40 degrees and just dress for it! Sure we love the warm weather for the few months we get it, but riding in the chill is just something you get used to. After lots of years of doing it you find warm gear that is not all that bulky and doesn't take that long to put on. Hell it takes us just as long to get the kids dressed before we push them out the door to play in the winter.

Who cares if it's a Honda, if you got the time and money put on some long johns and get your butt down there and have some fun!
    • 3006 posts
    March 14, 2013 6:48 AM PDT
    Borrow the bike & go enjoy yourselfPretend its a Harley LOL have some fun,who knows it could warm up enuff to make it tolerable.Up here we get plenty of cold weather,I use lightweight ski clothes & liners to keep the cold away.If your going to ride when its cold out,better to be over heated then under.
    Stay safe & enjoy the ride!!!