Cool story and a worthy cause

• March 7, 2013 1:08 AM PST
    "Burt Welleford is a man on a mission, starting June 2013, he’s risking it all by taking a ride around the edges of the lower 48 states on his Vincent Black Shadow.  Starting in Atlanta, Georgia, Burt will go clockwise around the outside edge of the United States and return to Atlanta." 

http://www.thebikersgarage.com/burt-wellefords-legendary-vincent-ride-around-america-2013/ />
    Edited to add link to his site. Don't forget to follow the link to donate too ... so far he's way under his target.

• 1855 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:51 AM PST
    Clockwise means then he'd been heading south along the Atlantic coast, around the tip of Florida, up the Gulf Coast of Florida and along the Gulf coast west into Texas, etc, etc.? Starting out in June? Gonna be one helluva hot journey across Texas, N. Mexico, and Arizona to say the least. Good luck to him but I'd be leaving now.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    March 7, 2013 7:11 AM PST
    Sounds like what our good friend RexTheRoadDog did a couple years back on his Ride for Sophie. Except he touched in all 48 states!

He should post a schedule so people in different areas can meet up and ride with him for the day as he passes through.

And your right on there Jimmy... NM and AZ are not a lot of fun in June/July. But I do at least one run through them states every summer and it ain't killed me yet.

Looking forward to hearing his stories and some pictures.
    • 19034 posts
    March 7, 2013 9:08 AM PST
    Yes Keep us informed here!!! A serious challenge for a sixty sumptin bike with Lucas electrics. I will also watch his site.
    • 2 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:03 AM PST
    Best wishes to him and please, Please, PLEASE, do not damage your ride.