What is a Pack Rat???

• March 4, 2013 8:15 AM PST
    Riding season for some of you, is coming when the snow melts. It is always Riding Weather in AZ (Don't Hate). Here I sit watching the ol lady go through 9 10x20 storage units full of Harley Parts wondering where the hell all of this shit came from. AM I a Harley Part Pack Rat? Do I need a TV show that offers Harley Hoarding Intervention? All I do know is that I have an ass grip of Pan, Shovel, Knuckle, Sportster and every other Harley part that I will never again use.If you need something for your sled, hit me up & lets see if I can help you out!!!

Ride Hard & Rubberside Down
    • 5420 posts
    March 4, 2013 9:57 AM PST
    Don't feel bad man.  I don't throw away any take off parts from any of my bikes, or my friends bikes for that matter.  I even see stuff in my friends garage and ask "you gonna throw that away" and if they say yes, I take it.  And its not just motorcycles either.  Before I toss anything (vacuum cleaner, clock, blender, etc)  I take the cord, buttons, switches, motors, screws and anything else I just may need one day. 

Someone here in another forum post once said...
    there is no such thing as junk, just stuff waiting to be reallocated to a new use!
  • March 4, 2013 10:44 AM PST
    LOL don't even get me started on the crap that one sees in their ride that they just have to have. If this was a court of law, I would be guilty of picking up other peoples broken ass things because..."I just had to have it". Have a great evening!
    • 1855 posts
    March 5, 2013 2:08 AM PST
    Oh my, a biker with motorcycle parts. Who'da thunk it. LOL

Peace
    • 2 posts
    March 5, 2013 11:42 AM PST
    We gott'a hang some time.
  • March 6, 2013 4:26 AM PST
    Yeah Jimmy, Who would have thunk LOL & 99 if you get to the Southwest, hit us up!
    • 284 posts
    March 6, 2013 8:31 AM PST
    I got a 15X30 garage so full I can not get in it. All I can do is get the sporty out of it. Plumbing, furniture insulation, electrical, tools etc. I was thinkin the other day I need to have a Garage sale...
    • 834 posts
    July 28, 2013 4:38 AM PDT
    Got a pretty full garage myself. Once a year or so I get all motivated to go out and clean it. I move everything to the driveway, get a big trash can and start going through stuff. I normally come up with a reason to keep just about everything. Then about half way through I wonder why I dragged all this stuff out to the driveway and put it all back.