Help for best outcome (video)

• 1 posts
    March 3, 2013 12:53 AM PST
     So between me and the Wooly man we take alot of pictures of our travels.  Recently we, okay he bought the revtech camera to take video of our rides.  Well last Sunday we went for some of those twistie cruvies I love so much.  But when we started to look at the video I was very disappoineted in the film.  Not the quality but you just dont feel the curve, so to speak.  I think the only time you get any appreciation for a curve is when you see my bike in the lean.  I was thinking that maybe the camera need to be mounted on the handle bar or lights and that maybe the crash bar is to low for what I want to capture... So if any one has any expercence with motorcycle filming, best placement of the camera or any helpful suggustion...
    • 1855 posts
    March 3, 2013 2:14 AM PST
    You didn't say where you mounted the camera but I would think a helmet cam would be ideal.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2013 3:39 AM PST
    Bitchy.   I film almost every ride..  of course I just delete all the boring stuff.  But it doesn't cost nothin' to keep the camera rollin' and you just never know what you'll see. 

I have had my camera mounted in all kinds of locations. For me I found the optimum location on the Road King was on the blinker .  I put it on the right blinker but I am going to move it top the left side.  First to get more middle of the road perspective and also I can reach down and turn it on and off while still holding the throttle.  Helmet cam also works real good when you have lots of scenery and want to film what you are looking at.

This video was done with the camera mounted on the blinker...
    http://www.cyclefish.com/Lucky/videos/681 style="font-size: larger;">

Here is the mounting...

• 1 posts
    March 3, 2013 4:48 AM PST
    Thanks folks,sorry had it mountef to the top of the crash bar. was thinking of putting right where you have yours lucky. Thanks and great viedo. could see the leans...;D
  • March 3, 2013 5:32 AM PST
    High way bars are a good place to mount a camera or if you don't have a wind shield the handle bars are good too.