Ride Log

• March 1, 2013 6:38 AM PST
    I'm a techie kind of guy and I'd like to keep track of the rides I've taken, when, how many miles it was and notes about locations along the way.

Anyone know a good site to do all that?

Not something like Motorcycle Roads where its just sharing a good ride route, but a personal journey log with maps (not just a blog).

I've done this - link - for right now - google maps "my places" map save.
  • March 1, 2013 7:32 AM PST
    If you have MS Office on your computer, you probably already have a very good way to track stuff. It's called MS_OneNote. I've been using it for a sailing log for years. It's completely customizable. I could Email you a copy of my template if your interested.
    • 834 posts
    September 3, 2013 1:18 PM PDT
    Hey Lucky, sounds like something that would be cool here on CF. Kind of like the Maintenance log with the option to share or keep private
    • 5420 posts
    September 5, 2013 2:25 AM PDT
    Would take a bit of work, but could be done. Anyone else interested or have other suggestions
    • 44 posts
    September 5, 2013 3:05 AM PDT
    It's sounds like a good idea to me I would use it
  • September 5, 2013 4:03 AM PDT
    Sorry, Fred, I'm not a Microsoft guy. I use Ubuntu at home.

I've been trying apps to log travel, but nothing has been exactly right yet.

Google's My Tracks has done pretty good. Also tried TrackMe app from luisespinosa.com but it might not be very accurate...
    • 1855 posts
    September 5, 2013 6:27 AM PDT
    Gypsy takes care of logging everything at the end of the days ride; route, gas, food, hotels ($), etc. She writes it all down so we can add the info to our website.

Peace